Cast Iron Chef Double Dutch Bus!!

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Cast Iron Chef Double Dutch Bus!!

Postby SuperShady1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Okay well I decided to do a pre-cook before the family and I go camping to Half Moon Bay park this weekend. 8)

Hand seasoned tri-tip in the Wapak Dutch Oven. :R :stompspam:

Pan Fried peppers in the big skillet. :twisted:

Garden squash, zucchinni and mushrooms in a Griswold. :?

The Cherry Dump Cake in the second Dutch Oven for dessert(Griswold). :shock:

Of course this was not coal fired dinner....but on my USS Battle Ship Napoleon Stainless Steel Six Burner Monster Natural Gas Grill. :thumbsup:

I am happy everything turned out really nice and the kids and wifey loved the dump cake. :applause:

Can I duplicate out in the field??? :NC

I will try.

Shady
Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

For you, for you, for you

Coleman Keepers 200A Gang

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Re: Cast Iron Chef Double Dutch Bus!!

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Looks great. I have often done a practice run on a new recipe, before a gathering. Then I make any adjustments if needed. You Done Good! :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby SuperShady1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Looks great. I have often done a practice run on a new recipe, before a gathering. Then I make any adjustments if needed. You Done Good! :applause:

thanks for the encouragement!!

Do you have a favorite receipe that you have perfected??

I saw a receipe on youtube that envolved pork loin cooked in DO then they added a jar of Pace Salsa or Picante??

Shady
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 pm

One I do often is a " Redneck Kielbasa stew" I do it in a 12" Dutch oven. It will fill it up.

Don't really use a recipe for it although there is one. A search may find it. But you brown about 1/2 lb of bacon. Do I have your attention? Then add about a lb of kielbasa cut into 1/4" slices. Brown it all up nice. If you are lazy, you can stop there and just eat the meat. But I add slices carrots, onion and 1 "potato chunks. Toss in a couple peppers of different colors cut into bite size pieces. Cook till it's basically done, ( Potatoes and carrots are soft) . Then add broccoli flowerets and cook another few minutes till the broccoli turns bright green and is not crisp anymore. That is it. Easy and very yummy.

If there is any left, make it for breakfast. Spread out what is left in the bottom of your DO. Scramble enough eggs to almost cover the veggies and cook. Very Good!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 am

[quote="SuperShady1

I saw a receipe on youtube that envolved pork loin cooked in DO then they added a jar of Pace Salsa or Picante??

Shady[/quote]

Porkloin split and filled with spiced tomatoes , onion, and a few pepperoncini peppers for some pow !

Yep it was done outside on the satellite dish dutch oven table with coals.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby SuperShady1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:03 am

Woodbutcher wrote:One I do often is a " Redneck Kielbasa stew" I do it in a 12" Dutch oven. It will fill it up.

Don't really use a recipe for it although there is one. A search may find it. But you brown about 1/2 lb of bacon. Do I have your attention? Then add about a lb of kielbasa cut into 1/4" slices. Brown it all up nice. If you are lazy, you can stop there and just eat the meat. But I add slices carrots, onion and 1 "potato chunks. Toss in a couple peppers of different colors cut into bite size pieces. Cook till it's basically done, ( Potatoes and carrots are soft) . Then add broccoli flowerets and cook another few minutes till the broccoli turns bright green and is not crisp anymore. That is it. Easy and very yummy.

If there is any left, make it for breakfast. Spread out what is left in the bottom of your DO. Scramble enough eggs to almost cover the veggies and cook. Very Good!

You had me at BACON.

Hearty might be the correct word or maybe Hearty attack...just kidding but it sounds perfect. I always love taking the leftovers from dinner and incorporating into the next mornings breakfast.

We had leftovers last nite and it was excellent. The remaining tri -tip I sliced up into thin sliced and repurposed in a griswold skillet with the dripping from the DO and the leftover peppers.

Also everyone was chomping at the bit for the leftover dump cake!!

Thanks for sharing the receipe.

Shady
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby SuperShady1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 am

bobhenry wrote:[quote="SuperShady1

Shady

Porkloin split and filled with spiced tomatoes , onion, and a few pepperoncini peppers for some pow !

Yep it was done outside on the satellite dish dutch oven table with coals.[/quote]

Mama mia that looks great!! It is 9 am here in California and I am drooling on that pork loin.

Yum Yum!!

I had two DO and two griswold skillets going sunday, yesterday reheated the leftovers with potatoes and shallots in medium griswold, and then the steak and drippings and peppers in another...grilled corn as well... :thumbsup:

Oh to add to it we all watched True Grit with John Wayne Monday nite and The Cowboys was Sunday nite....lots of cast iron cooking!!
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1