Working on the decor-Part 3

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Working on the decor-Part 3

Postby Backroads4me » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello everyone :) Whoo Hoo, it's the beginning of camping season! :applause: Will be heading out to the "Cooler Near the Lake" Wisconsin gathering this Friday, come rain, snow or sunshine. Decided I was going to change out the "Route 66" theme of the trailer and found a poster of Edward Hopper's "Gas". Reminds me of the little country grocery/gas station my folks owned years ago and I like the moodiness of the composition. Bought the red flannel fabric (Ebay) for Bob's pillow---he didn't like the denim covered one. I sewed the green plaid flannel (again, Ebay) over the Route 66 curtain fabric---didn't want to sew completely new curtains and since the other side is dark denim, the black thread I used doesn't show up (on the other side) through the film darkened windows. The diner throw pillow was another Ebay find.

Eventually I'm going to sew new covers and zippers on the Coleman sleeping bags we use----they're looking pretty faded. Both are otherwise in great condition, though and that project is on the back burner.

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Re: Working on the decor-Part 3

Postby Backroads4me » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Decorated another container, this one to hold tissue and hand sanitizer for my luggable/loo room. Used Avery Ink Jet 8165 label paper to make the stickers on the sides/top and a computer program to size them down to the proper dimensions. I like how the handle indentations of the Folger's coffee can holds a small bottle of sanitizer.

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby tearhead » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Ready for a tour this weekend!
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Backroads4me » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Wanted to have a sign for the campsite, and didn't want to spend a lot of money---so I made my own for this weekend's teardrop gathering. Just printed out some photos, description of the trailer and a "Welcome" on regular paper, backed it with some black scrapbooking cardstock, covered it with clear sticky paper, added a couple of grommets.
Bob put a d-ring latch on the center front of the trailer so I'd have something to secure the top of the opened front storage locker---it also does duty as a target to help guide me when backing the trailer and now I have something to hang my sign on :) .

When I have more time, I'll make a fancier, more artsy sign,----but for now this will do.

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:54 pm

tearhead wrote:Ready for a tour this weekend!

Hi Pat,

Stop on by! :) We're looking forward to meeting everyone and viewing other teardrop makes and models. Though we wanted to arrive on Thursday, we won't be there until Friday-early afternoon.

See you there (maybe we can get a game of Scrabble going! :thumbsup: ).
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby BookSaver » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:33 am

Nicely done!
The coffee can mod is brilliant. :thumbsup:
BookSaver
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Lady Teardroppers