Vinyl Tubing ?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Vinyl Tubing ?

Postby Rolly » Thu May 08, 2014 11:35 pm

My neighbor's friend was replacing the water tank in his camper. When he went to Home Depot they told him that the vinyl tubing they sold was not approved for culinary water. Anyone know anything about this?

Rolly
Rolly
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Vinyl Tubing ?

Postby bobhenry » Fri May 09, 2014 6:32 am

The milky looking polyethelene ? tubing may or may not be food grade but I am sure they have FDA approved tubing they may have just been covering their commercial butts. The much softer Plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride has the flexibility of rubber and the clarity of glass.
This clear tubing can come braded or plain and as stated here it is FDA approved.

http://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/rough-plumbing/pipe-tubing-fittings/tubing-hoses/vinyl-tubing/3-8-id-x-20-vinyl-tubing/p-1713706.htm

Polyvinyl cloride :thinking: That's kinda like PVC pipe. I ran quite a bit of the ridgid stuff in my kitchen remodel for water lines.

This clear tubing also makes a great water level for home projects when you are trying to level large projects like a deck.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets