semi hay stacking.

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: semi hay stacking.

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 am

Slow, good for you, willing to jump in and do the extra work required to make ends meet. So many would just sit home and complain about lack of work, and you are out there, pumping away, lifting those heavy hay bales, which many lesser men could not even lift, even if they tried. Don't worry, that perfect gal is just around the corner, you just haven't met her yet. Hang in there.
8) :thumbsup: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Re: semi hay stacking.

Postby Nobody » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Mike, at 74yrs I've decided my hay bale 'bucking' days are waaay in the past ;) . Dunno what kind of 'grass/vegetation' your hay is (alfalfa?), but the kind determines weight of the 'small' square bales (60-100lbs in the field here). Just before I turned 18yrs old a friend & I provided our own truck (ton & a half flatbed) & contracted to haul & stack in the barn @ 10 cents a bale, near 40k bales of hay, some grass, some lespadeza. & about half Sudan grass (the sudan was some heavy stuff :o ). Did that in less'n a month & after we paid for gas, a couple of vehicle breakdowns, & a helper (to mostly drive the truck :roll: ) we didn't make a lot. Luckily we were able to sell our old truck for a little profit. That was in Aug/Sep 1957; in Nov I enlisted in the USAF, became an Air Traffic Controller & never looked back :thumbsup: . When I enlisted in the Air Force I couldn't wait to get away from Arkansas & the farm, by the time I retired 20yrs later, I couldn't wait to get back 8) . Funny how yer attitude changes over the years...
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Off Topic