Can someone help me?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Can someone help me?

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 am

It's been so long sense I have done it, I have forgotten how to do a Screen Save (might also be old age). :oops: Could someone please explain to me which 2 keys I hit to save and then which 2 keys to hit to transfer to paint?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: Can someone help me?

Postby TESKELLY » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:37 am

I would imagine Ctrl and C to copy the picture then Ctrl and V to paste it onto paint.
TESKELLY
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:08 am

That dpesn't seem to do it. When I follow those instructions all that comes up is the wording, no pictures or for that mater not a true screen copy. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jonw » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 am

PrtScrn key copies the whole screen to the clipboard, or Alt+PrtScrn copies only the active window.
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:32 am

Gage,

Perhaps not what you are looking for, but this is what I use;

http://capture-a-screenshot.en.softonic.com/

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby aggie79 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:17 am

jonw wrote:PrtScrn key copies the whole screen to the clipboard, or Alt+PrtScrn copies only the active window.

Then hit "Ctrl" and "V" at the same time to paste.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby mgb4tim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:48 pm

jonw wrote:PrtScrn key copies the whole screen to the clipboard, or Alt+PrtScrn copies only the active window.

Ctrl+PrtScrn captures the desktop, and as stated, Alt+PrtScrn copies only the active window. Newer versions of windows has the "Snipping Tool" that makes it all much easier is you aren't used to doing keyboard shortcuts.
mgb4tim
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:18 pm

It kind of depends on the screen; so it's hard to say. A lot of times, if I am on Facebook, I can shrink the screen and then just click on the screen and drag it to my desktop. Other times, an options tag can be found at the bottom of the screen, where the pull-down choice of "download" can be used. CTL+C followed by CTL+V keys works sometimes, too. Other times, the picture may be protected and nothing you try will work.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:32 am

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I guess I should have told you also that I’m working with Windows 7. With the above responses I did find something that works on my system. That is Ctrl/PrtScr to capture and Ctrl/V to release. Couldn’t find a ‘Clipboard’ on my system so I use paint and then save it to a photo file on my hard drive.

And Rob, tried to download the program that you use. Guess I wasn’t paying that close attention because I ended up with a bunch of junk that took me a couple hours to uninstall. :? Ended up restoring 5 days back. I'll do it again, just pay closer attention. ;)
Again, thank you everyone, it is appreciated.
:thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby WoodSmith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:58 am

Sounds like you have solved your current problem, but the "snipping tool" that was mentioned earlier is a much handier way to get screen and window shots. It comes pre installed on windows 7.

Click on the start button and type snip in the search bar the icon looks like a pair of scissors with a red circle. This tool allows you to select exactly the portion of the screen that you want to copy.

I use it all the time.

WoodSmith
Glen Smith
Build Journal
WoodSmith
Donating Member

Postby jonw » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 am

WoodSmith wrote:Sounds like you have solved your current problem, but the "snipping tool" that was mentioned earlier is a much handier way to get screen and window shots. It comes pre installed on windows 7.

Click on the start button and type snip in the search bar the icon looks like a pair of scissors with a red circle. This tool allows you to select exactly the portion of the screen that you want to copy.

I use it all the time.

WoodSmith

Good to know. Thanks!
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:50 pm

WoodSmith wrote:Click on the start button and type snip in the search bar the icon looks like a pair of scissors with a red circle. This tool allows you to select exactly the portion of the screen that you want to copy.
I use it all the time.
WoodSmith
Just tried it. Works good, thank you. Just goes to show you at 73 I still have room to learn. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby WoodSmith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:53 pm

:lol:

The older I get, I am discovering that I know less and less, and find more and more cool stuff that I want to learn!

WoodSmith
Glen Smith
Build Journal
WoodSmith
Donating Member

Return to Off Topic