how about a wash bowl for a sink

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: how about a wash bowl for a sink

Postby Greg M » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:07 pm

I use a three plastic dish pans in my chuck box. One for soapy water, one for rinse water, and a third for the dishes to dry in. They all nest together, so three hardly take up more room than one.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby lrrowe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 pm

That really is all one needs. Could also do it with two and the dishes dry on paper towels.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:32 am

I'm thinking of à dog bowl or something for my sink...good idea.
I'm not trying to be confrontational but if you send out negative video they always come back...just saying
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Plainsgirl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:18 am

I'm going to look around for a big bowl, hopefully stainless, but poly is fine. Mine will drop in a hole in the galley, and will need at least one handle. I want simple, too. We simple folk have to stick together :)
Plainsgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dales133 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:32 am

I've got a water pump, I'm half simple
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby len19070 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:41 am

I did this years ago and it worked out well.

The only problem, was the age old problem.

You have such limited counter space, do you really want to use that space up on a built in sink that you could just as easily put on a picnic table.

A Wash stand I built for the Lady's using the same principal.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:00 am

I use a Bucket ... :roll: ... and it does “other” things too... :o Not only can you wash dishes in it , you can wash you, your clothes, or Hair in it too , plus it holds all the soap towels etc. when you’re not using it .... And you can always put the bucket over your head and make Loud funny noises which may (or may not) keep the Bears away ... :thinking: But then might attract em’ too eh ??? :frightened:
Last edited by GPW on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dale M. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 am

Use poly dish pans, 1 for wash, 1 for rinse, they "nest" and are portable.... And yes you can go restaurant supply and find large metal pans/trays (or small ones) for steam table if you want metal, or just get huge stainless salad bowl.... Any can be made into permanent sink with simply cutting hole in them and adding drain "kit"...

Dale
Last edited by Dale M. on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby lrrowe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Interesting Dale.
The next time I am in a store that carries salad bowls, I will look for one to fit your idea and see if it would work for me.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby stumphugger » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:14 pm

I have a tiny sink in my trailer. It's too tiny. So, I got a collapsible sink. I think I got it at Campmoor? It folds flat when not being used.
stumphugger
500 Club

Postby Plainsgirl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Len I love your design and your consideration of we ladies :D
Plainsgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby captbobh2o2004 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm

You bet. we used a SS bowl in all our builds and it works just great! :thumbsup:
captbobh2o2004
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rowerwet » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 pm

GPW wrote:I use a Bucket ... :roll: ... and it does “other” things too... :o Not only can you wash dishes in it , you can wash you, your clothes, or Hair in it too , plus it holds all the soap towels etc. when you’re not using it .... And you can always put the bucket over your head and make Loud funny noises which may (or may not) keep the Bears away ... :thinking: But then might attract em’ too eh ??? :frightened:

I found another great use for buckets this year, we gave a boating birthday party for our four kids and all of their friends at once. cake and ice cream at the house, then off to the lake for boat races. once we established that my newphew is the fastest paddler, and let the other kids all take a turn at racing, we ran the bucket race. one kid sitting in front giving directions, the other kid paddling in back, with a bucket over their head! as you can guess the teams had quite a bit of difficulty aiming anywhere close to the turning bouy, and some had an even harder time getting back to shore. One race was won by the boat that had been losing the whole race, when the boat in front suddenly veered off into the bushes 5' from the finish. the second place boat wandered back across the stern of the lost boat and almost by random chance made it to the beach. our sides were aching from laughing so hard!
turns out the fastest racers used a system of thumping on the hull on the side the boat should go, as the shouts from those on the shore drowned out any verbal instructions.
afterwards the kids all went swimming.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:19 pm

I took one of my side tables and cut two holes in it so two stainless dog dish's bought at Wal-Mart fit into. After finding um-teen different sized stainless bowls with NO consistently in size, I decided on the W-M dog dishes being they seem to be the most common size available at almost all the W-M's I've been too and the cheapest available in cost. (about $5 to $7 each) Their size seems to stay consistent and will fit no matter which W-M I got it from, if I damage/loss or just forget to bring them I can always find a replacement. Found some real nice stainless salad bowls out there that I really liked but there size consistency was all over the place, I had a had time finding common sized ones that would fit after cutting the holes to a certain size. -
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Corwin C » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 am

I have an enameled steel bowl that I'm currently using for a sink ... it's nice to put it on the stove and have hot water that stays hot. I usually wash, place dishes on clean towel, replace dish water with clean water and a little bleach, then swish the dishes again in really hot water to rinse/sanitize, dry and put away.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion