My brand new teardrop - personalizing it!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

My brand new teardrop - personalizing it!

Postby dreamofcolors » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:06 pm

I picked up my brand new trailer in November, and have been working hard at personalizing it. Unfortunately, due to time and space issues, I couldn't build my own, but the camper I got from TC Teardrops (a 5x9 model) exceeded every expectation I had.

So far, I've made curtains, TWO quilts, and begun to purchase camping gear and start filling the galley with everything I need for my camper's maiden voyage.

I named my camper Louise, after the lake in Banff that I love so much. She's a similar color to her lake namesake.

Here are a few photos of what I've done so far. The curtains are lined in black fabric and plenty dark to keep the light out at night.

The first quilt I made was a bit too small, and I had LOTS of fabric leftover, so I used the extra fabric, bought a few more patterns and made a second (appropriately sized) quilt.... the Tatami pattern.

I'm SO EXCITED to take my camper out in the coming months. There is still a lot of work to do (some electrical upgrades, and galley organization, which is stressing me out at the moment), but she's nearly camp ready.

My best friend says he's not sure he wants to sleep under the new quilt for fear the sexy lumberjacks might touch him in his sleep, but how can a girl resist shirtless camping men with six pack abs??!??!?!?

dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Re: My brand new teardrop - personalizing it!

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Nicely done! Have a great time in the new trailer. Have your friend bring his own quilt, maybe some thing camo to off set the hunky guy one.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KennethW » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:50 pm

You might want to do a couple of weekend (hot food picnic)trips to see what works for you in the galley and what doesn't.
You Go Girl. :D Have fun with it. Two blankets and a warm body next to you. Winter camping can be fun to. In Minnesota a lot of people winter camp, but they call it ice fishing. ;)
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dreamofcolors » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 am

KennethW wrote:You might want to do a couple of weekend (hot food picnic)trips to see what works for you in the galley and what doesn't.
You Go Girl. :D Have fun with it. Two blankets and a warm body next to you. Winter camping can be fun to. In Minnesota a lot of people winter camp, but they call it ice fishing. ;)

Ha! A friend of mine in Northern Ontario invited me up there to go ice fishing. I slept one night in my trailer and stayed pretty warm under a down comforter. I may try some winter camping, I just have to find some free time.
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby dreamofcolors » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:04 am

KennethW wrote:You might want to do a couple of weekend (hot food picnic)trips to see what works for you in the galley and what doesn't.

I'm hoping for a weekend trip or two. I can't wait to start using it on a regular basis.
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:11 am

Your new teardrop is a beauty! Love the picture of you, surrounded by your lumberjack quilt....especially the smile on your face! :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:54 am

The best thing you've got in Louise right now is your great enthusiasm.

It was around 0ºF this morning here and we've got new snow now.... looking at your forecast down yonder, when's your first window? I'm hoping for April up here at 45º N latitude.

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby kayakdlk » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:12 am

I like the curtains and quilt decorations. I know when I built my teardrop a while back it looked kind of plain inside, but once my wife made the custom curtains, pillow cases, I hung the towel rack/weight, and other galley little things and mom gave me her route 66 quilt it came alive and looked much better and more personalized. It took us about 3 trips to work out all of the little details. I use my Route 66 quilt for showing the teadrop off. Usually remove it to sleep as I didn't want to get it dirty.

Have fun personalizing

Dan
kayakdlk
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dreamofcolors » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

tony.latham wrote:The best thing you've got in Louise right now is your great enthusiasm.

It was around 0ºF this morning here and we've got new snow now.... looking at your forecast down yonder, when's your first window? I'm hoping for April up here at 45º N latitude.

T

Thanks! I have a few days at the end of March that have great potential... and a week in May and a week in June. My work schedule is pretty non stop until the first week in July (especially till late March) but I'm going to do what I can to make a trip happen sooner than later, even if it's a short one. My ultimate goal is a 3 week trip out west, but I should wait till Louise is broken in a bit more before I plan that big of an adventure.
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby dreamofcolors » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:26 pm

kayakdlk wrote:I like the curtains and quilt decorations. I know when I built my teardrop a while back it looked kind of plain inside, but once my wife made the custom curtains, pillow cases, I hung the towel rack/weight, and other galley little things and mom gave me her route 66 quilt it came alive and looked much better and more personalized. It took us about 3 trips to work out all of the little details. I use my Route 66 quilt for showing the teadrop off. Usually remove it to sleep as I didn't want to get it dirty.

Have fun personalizing

Dan

Thanks! Next time I have a couple of days off I have to do some carpentry projects in the galley. I have some ideas to help with the organizing and increase storage options.

I quickly learned how hard it is to make a teardrop bed neatly!!! So awkward running around and climbing all over as I tried to make it neat. Oh well.

I plan to sew some hanging organizers for the back wall of the inside of the camper. I want a place to put my phone, glasses and kindle when I'm sleeping!
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby dreamofcolors » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:27 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Your new teardrop is a beauty! Love the picture of you, surrounded by your lumberjack quilt....especially the smile on your face! :lol:

Hahaha!!! Thanks. How can you not smile when wrapped up in six "shirtless studs" as my brother nicknamed them???
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby Backroads4me » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:11 am

Looking good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad to see you're having so much fun decorating and organizing your new TCT. Keep the photos coming :)
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Loren » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Re: Bedmaking-
She Who Must Be Obeyed took some fabric and made a pocket about a foot long on the back side of the quilt. The pocket runs across the quilt and is tucked around the foot the mattress. Ditto with the top sheet. We have a queen mattress and the quilt is a full/twin since it doesn't need to go around the mattress.
Loren
Loren
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dreamofcolors » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Loren wrote:Re: Bedmaking-
She Who Must Be Obeyed took some fabric and made a pocket about a foot long on the back side of the quilt. The pocket runs across the quilt and is tucked around the foot the mattress. Ditto with the top sheet. We have a queen mattress and the quilt is a full/twin since it doesn't need to go around the mattress.
Loren

Brilliant! I'd heard people sew top and fitted sheets together, but I hadn't thought of the quilt... though, half the battle for me was tucking the little bits of the sides in. My quilt doesn't hang over much, but enough that it needs to be tucked in on the sides.
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby dreamofcolors » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:42 pm

Backroads4me wrote:Looking good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad to see you're having so much fun decorating and organizing your new TCT. Keep the photos coming :)

Will do! I have some carpentry ideas for the galley... mostly dealing with the "extra" space behind my cooler and under the slide out drawer. I'm trying to get to IKEA this week on a quest for organizing tools!
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers