outside shoe storage

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

outside shoe storage

Postby ae6black » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:14 pm

I ve never needed to store my shoes outside but can see the advantages of doing so. I was thinking of just a weighted platic tub with some kind of latch on it. Has any one ever done this sort of thing before and did you ever have any trouble with the critters messing with your stuff.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Re: outside shoe storage

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:35 pm

ae6black wrote:I ve never needed to store my shoes outside but can see the advantages of doing so. I was thinking of just a weighted platic tub with some kind of latch on it. Has any one ever done this sort of thing before and did you ever have any trouble with the critters messing with your stuff.

Art

If the weather is good, I just leave my shoes on the carpet outside the trailer door, if it's raining or muddy, I put them in a dishpan that I slide under the trailer by the door, so I can lean out and get them.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby pohukai » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Since my TD didn't need the fenders that came with the HF trailer, I inverted them and bolted them to the frame and use these as a place for our shoes and socks. There are even holes in the fender to allow draining of water.
Attachments
fender.png
fender.png (100.58 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
pohukai
Teardrop Master

Postby KennethW » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:25 pm

I like the inverted fender ideal for a shoe holder.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby glenpinpat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 pm

We have an easy up around our trailer so as we get into bed we take the shoes and put them on the roof just above the door. When we leave we just sit in the doorway, reach up and grab the shoes and put them on while still sitting in the doorway. In five years we have never had a problem with critters.
glenpinpat
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:09 pm

You could always put your shoes in a plastic tub or shoe box and put them on a shelf inside. Or, put them in a shoe bag or sturdy reusable plastic shopping bag and hang the bag by the stings or handles on a hook on the wall, inside.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:33 pm

I usually just shove mine under the edge of the tear, thinking it won't rain, since I'm a warmer weather camping kinda guy.
But I always check for scorpions before shoving my foot into one. :shock:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 am

Frogs can be a little disconcerting, yuuuuck! i have a plastic box, with a top!
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby teamredjeep » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:54 pm

We seem to travel with several shoes, hiking boots, tennies, slip on crocs and flip flops. We have no room inside when we are inside so we keep shoes in expandable basket and hang them outside off our tree guard bars off the ground to keep the critters out. I know most people don't have tree guard bars but could perhaps have a hook under their trailer to do the same. We also set what ever shoes we want convenient on the fenders.

teamredjeep
Donating Member

Postby mjewell5 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:38 am

I welded a couple pieces of 1-1/2" angle steel under mine, from side to side, under the frame of the trailer. I spaced them so that I could slide a couple of plastic bins between them, like drawers. At night, we put our shoes in them, then slide them in under the trailer. Keeps them dry and the critters don't get to them. When we're on the road, the bins are used to store loose items inside the trailer.
mjewell5
Teardrop Builder

Return to Camping Secrets