Re: Skinning in copper sheet

Postby Hooligan2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:17 am

MtnDon wrote:0.020 copper, 36" x 48" about $230

You can get a 8' sheet for that price in Seattle
Hooligan2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GerryS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:35 am

Amazing steampunk back there in the thread :). That would be the one teardrop look that might get me to sell my campinn for. But, at the price of copper I'm sure that wouldn't be close to an even trade.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oldsmokey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 am

I'm building a woodie (ash over cherry) and considering a copper anodized aluminum roof skin, when I get that far in my build. I'm imagining a nice brushed copper finish - I think that would look awesome. I did a quick search once and found a source or two for .040 sheet 48" wide, but I'll need 60", so it's on that (long) list of stuff I'll figure out when I get to that point. Anyone know where I might find such a sheet?
oldsmokey
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KCStudly » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

IIRC, Jackdaw repurposes old UK hot water heaters, turning them inside out to get his copper sheet. His latest build is really something special with the steam punk theme, repurposed leather couch skin upholstery and library look wall paper.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby jackdaw » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:47 pm

KCStudly wrote:IIRC, Jackdaw repurposes old UK hot water heaters, turning them inside out to get his copper sheet. His latest build is really something special with the steam punk theme, repurposed leather couch skin upholstery and library look wall paper.

Thanks KC ... Here's a little blog that's been doing the rounds on the social media sites ...Needless to say I'm really pleased with how it's turning out.... Just got to get it finished for the camping season :thumbsup: We haven't used that much copper on it really ...The main part of the roof is aluminium . I like the mix of the metals together.

http://www.livinginashoebox.com/fantast ... d-library/
jackdaw
500 Club

Previous

Return to Skinning secrets