tell me about the lazar temp. readers

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

tell me about the lazar temp. readers

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:50 pm

We found a small one a HF for $11 have not tried it yet.

But can any one tell me more about them.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: tell me about the lazar temp. readers

Postby Redneck Teepee » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:20 am

That exact one from HF I own, a few years ago Hotrod Magazine did a comparison on lazer temp guns an believe it or not the HF model performed right with the Snap-On and other high dollar brands. So I bought one and use it all the time...even used it on my grandson to take his temp when he had a cold last year. Just point it in their ear and pull the trigger. Very accurate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:51 am

Ron, they are great!! Just take care of it and don't let it bump all around in your camp box. We have gone through two from Bed, Bath & Beyond, and two more from an auto parts store. Dean just got a new one with his Bradley Smoker set-up. I have seen the HF ones, and people have used them in our area successfully. jch
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby rowerwet » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:03 pm

don't trust the readings on smooth metal finishes, I used one to monitor my forced hot water heat system in my house when I heated it with my outdoor pellet boiler, I had to put masking tape on the brass, copper and stainless parts to get good readings.
the laser isn't really taking the temp, it actually is an infrared sensor that does the measuring, the laser is just to let you know where it is aimed.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby Colemancooler » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Most IR temp readers i have seen read a 1" circle at 1" from the dot,so the farther you are the larger circle it is reading
Colemancooler
Teardrop Master

Postby lrrowe » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:57 pm

I recently purchased one from a China source and at first thought it did not work right. But after teaching myself how to correctly use it, I think it is pretty accurate at close ranges...right where I will use it the most.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron