Something Different

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Something Different

Postby HMK » Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Way back in the mid 80's, my Aunt and I were at The Old Corner Drug Store in West, Tx. She saw a tiny skillet made into a clock. I told her I could make her one real easy. The following week, I went and found a tiny skillet and the clock works. It hung in her kitchen/dining area until she passed away in 96 and it was returned to me. I moved and put it in storage a few years ago and the storage building leaked. It was rusted up pretty bad. I decided to bring it back to life. It looks much different now than when I made it for her. When I made it for her, it was a black skillet with Roman Numerials.

Hope u enjoy. I'm going to hang it above my Fly Tying Desk that I just refinished. The desk belonged to my wife's Dad. It's time to put these items back to good use. I've had fun restoring both of these items.

Last edited by HMK on Thu May 28, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HMK
Teardrop Master

Re: Something Different

Postby KCStudly » Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Very nice. The desk looks great and is probably about perfect for storing all of the little bobs and bangles needed for tying flies. Good work.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Re: Something Different

Postby Greg M » Thu May 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Just be aware that having a skillet hanging beside the location where you spend all that time not paying attention to your wife could be an invitation to disaster ;)
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to Cast Iron