MULTIPLE CAKE PANS IN ONE OVEN

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:36 am

I just purchased one of these at Goodwill for $2.00 gonna try it out at the CRA.

Has anyone successfully stacked 3 cake pans in a single oven?

The oven is deep enough I am just scratching my head as to how to space out the pans a bit and support them one on top of another. :thinking:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: MULTIPLE CAKE PANS IN ONE OVEN

Postby lrrowe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 am

Bob, I tried your technique, but our Goodwill does not have anything like this. I saw one yesterday in a larger city. I had passengers with me so I did not stop. But wait til next time. You have got me convinced I will find some deals there (but when?).
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:33 am

I have an hour lunch but eat at my desk so I stop off almost every day Monday thru Friday to kill a few minutes.
Most of the really good deals go quick. A lot of my best finds are hot out of the back room.
Many are still on the large roll out stocking carts the store uses. I shop for several people who are looking
for strange things and often score for them as well. I would say I score something one out of the four or five
trips I make during the week.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby aggie79 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:44 pm

bobhenry wrote:I just purchased one of these at Goodwill for $2.00 gonna try it out at the CRA.

Has anyone successfully stacked 3 cake pans in a single oven?

The oven is deep enough I am just scratching my head as to how to space out the pans a bit and support them one on top of another. :thinking:

Good find! As far as a spacer, how about making two triangles out of 1/4" x 1/16" aluminum bar stock (with the 1/4" dimension up)? Use one between each pan (and a third on the bottom if you have the height in your DO).
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:58 pm

The advantage of spending time with a retired secretary is there are some avenues I would have never though of.
It was suggested I try the giant bull dog paperclips. I m gonna hunt down 6 of them this week and give them a try.
It seems like a very good idea.

Just clip 3 on the first and second pan for support and if they are tough enough not to slide when loaded it looks like a winner.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Cast Iron