Mom has passed on,,, now what?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Mom has passed on,,, now what?

Postby dales133 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:13 am

PKCSPT wrote:Thank you everyone. Life is different now. My husband has pointed out as I missed so much camping over the years I should try to get some in. If I can dig up a couple dollars I am going to do that, get to a state park and not worry or plan about mom's care.
Her and my dad are together again.

That was what i was getting at in my original post.
It will take plenty of time to sort everything out both physically and mentally but getting away somewhere peaceful and relaxing without day to day preasures will certainly put you in good stead.
Best wishes Dale
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby noseoil » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:33 pm

So sorry for your loss. Take some time for you & your husband now. Camp, sleep late, enjoy your own life & cherish the memories you have of her.
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

So sorry to hear about your moms passing. I know the next few weeks are going to be filled with lots of memories, fustration and grief but if you can remember living is about change and we all are changing. Consider this change just another station in your lives. Hugs. and More Hugs.

If you want you can call me and check on me. :)

Mary C
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dalorin » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:54 pm

It's a heartwrenching thing. I lost mine to multiple sclerosis thirteen years ago. I was only 23. I was inconsolable for months. I drank plenty. Eventually I started to come around and realize how lucky i had been to know her at all.

Then, I bought a motorcycle.

I rode that little bike till I walked like a cowboy. Pull back on the accelerator a little more and try to see the pain and bad memories sinking into those rear view mirrors. Cause nobody passes gracefully with that disease.

But I'll tell you what I told everyone else that was sorry for my loss.

I had more good years with my mother at 23 than most will have in a lifetime.

That's what I did. That's what I'm still doing.

I wish you well.
Dalorin
Teardrop Master

Postby kriellian » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:15 pm

I understand what you're going through and what you will experience in the coming months...after taking early retirement in 2009 to take care of my wife (who developed Early Onset Alzheimers in 2006 at 54) she passed away March 15 of this year. You'll be establishing a "new normal" life for yourself and your family....give yourself the time, space and means to do what you need to do to come to the acceptance of her passing.
Just before Di's funeral I came across the following quote, which became an integral portion of her eulogy (it's from a 19th century headstone in Ireland): "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal...Love leaves a memory no one can steal."
May your mother's Spirit be a peace.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until the try to take it." Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
"Knowing is not enough, one must apply. Willing is not enough, one must do." Bruce Lee (1940-1973)
kriellian
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PKCSPT » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Thank you everyone.
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure and both my parents are now treasures..that is a weird feeling.
I did go out camping this past week husband stayed home to watch sports.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby felixx » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:40 am

I hope you have got a few more camps in.

I hope you are over the uphill struggle of your Mum's passing and moving on and enjoying life
felixx
Donating Member

Postby Gold5one » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:02 pm

I hope the heart has started to heal- may your mother's memory be for a blessing.
I was a kid up until the day my mother died, and it was hard facing the reality of no more family meals without our mother. Life goes on and we will find a renewed purpose in life. May you have wonderful memories of your mother during this holiday season.
I hope 2016 brings you a grand adventure on the road.
Mark
"the slow road has the most adventure"
Mark

2022- Trek Freedom camper- journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74522

Weekender-XL build journal
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61445
sold-2018
Gold5one
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Off Topic