Nice Cast Iron Starter Set on shopgoodwill.com

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Nice Cast Iron Starter Set on shopgoodwill.com

Postby Catherine+twins » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:07 am

These are being sold on shopgoodwill.com, a truly dangerous site. :lol:

The only measurements appear to be for the frying pan, 11"x15"x2". I'm thinking it's a 10" frying pan, a 10" round griddle, and either a 10" or 8" camp DO.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/3- ... 46609.html

Auctio ends 10/18/15

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Re: Nice Cast Iron Starter Set on shopgoodwill.com

Postby bobhenry » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 am

Nice find Cat .....

You are right about Shop Goodwill. Com being a dangerous site.

They have got into my pocket several times

but they are almost always great buys. :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: Nice Cast Iron Starter Set on shopgoodwill.com

Postby Catherine+twins » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:35 am

So true. I bid on two lots of Wagner pans, thinking the price was just too low and I wouldn't get either one. Surprise, I got them both! It's all good, though. One lot was a 9+" square and a 8" and 6" skillet, so now I have 3 6" pans for individual pot pies and the square pan for bacon :D and for corn bread. The other lot was a 10" and a 11" skillet. I have been using my grandmother's 8" Griswold as my go-to frittata pan, but the teenagers need bigger servings these days, so I needed a bigger pan. :lol: We are using the 10" now, but they are only 14. I see the 11" in their future. (And I may need more yard hens, too.)

Anyway, I have picked up 5 pans for less than $100, including shipping, and I'm happy. And I'm not addicted. I can stop any time. I only check the auctions because they are interesting. And I'm looking for a potjie pot or bean pot. And a big round griddle. And a 3-burner Coleman stove (but I just haven't resigned myself to spending over $100 on that stove, like the one this past week). See, I still have some self-control.

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Return to Cast Iron