Wiring help please

Anything electric, AC or DC

Wiring help please

Postby vitya-velik » Mon May 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Is the fuse block the same as amp breaker box? I am using the wiring diagram below but only for 12v wiring system. Could I make my own ground block? How would I?

Are these all the things I need to wire my teardrop for 12v power with a solar panel.
100 watt solar panel.
Charge controler
2 12 v 35amp batteries
40 amp breaker
Ground block
Fuse block
20 amp fuses.
Master switch?

Then all my lights fan 12v outles and usb ports.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk
vitya-velik
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Wiring help please

Postby tony.latham » Mon May 30, 2016 7:36 pm

I'd suggest two things: Move your DC circuit breaker to where the "8GA" print is, and use this type of fuse panel instead your 12V "Circut Breaker" and your ground block. http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems- ... fuse+block

I don't know what an "amp breaker box" is.

What roof fan are you using? My Fantastic draws 4 amps or less. I can't imagine you'd need 12ga.

Hope this helps.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby blentz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:40 am

I took a terminal strip used a flat jumper strip to connect all the terminals used an 8 gauge wire back to the 12v common to make a common connect point.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
blentz
Teardrop Builder

Postby haha49 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Ground block can be a chunk of steel anything you can even use your steel trailer if you want that's what cars do use the car anything metal can be used as a ground it's insulated by the tires. Houses if you walk around them have a wire that goes into the ground so they're grounded to the actual ground

Amp brake is the same as a house brake just made for 12v. It's a switch so if something draws to much it flips over you could use a fuse instead. Matched to the type of wire you use so thin wire pulling 10 amps can melt since it gets hot thicker wire can do 30 amps before it's a problem. More amp draw bigger fuse or breaker. Cars use fuses instead. So you could go fuse box in line fuse or brake box
haha49
Teardrop Builder

Return to Electrical Secrets