Check valve question?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Check valve question?

Postby Camp Wags » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:38 am

When and where will a check valve be needed? :thinking: My build will have both a tank with 12v pump and hook up for pressurized camp ground water. Will I needed a check valve on both systems or just on the 12v pump side to keep the pressurized water from back-flowing into the pump and tank? Or must I have one on the pressurized in line? And where should they be located? before the 12v pump or after? :roll: :?

Thanks Guys,
:thumbsup:

Gary
Camp Wags
Donating Member

Re: Check valve question?

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:32 am

Your tank fill line should be a completely separate line. Your 12volt pump discharge side (pressure side) should have a check installed to let the pump flow when energized where it tees off for your shore supply it should have another check valve installed to let the shore supply flow as intended. In other words 2 checks installed to flow in opposite directions. Your 12 volt pump may have a built in check, but installing one will make double damn sure.

Hope I was of help :D
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets