Rear view camera on the tear.

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Rear view camera on the tear.

Postby m.colley » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:32 am

looks good SC, might be worth looking into for my CTC.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Martin, I was concerned that since this camera monitor is bluetooth/wireless that there might be too much distance, or interference so tried both prior to making irreversible changes, cutting wires etc. There was however a bit of OK is this going to work when we started out. One aspect that I like is that you absolutely know you have clearance before merging. It is an exceedingly wide angle lens and I do not know if that can be compensated for in the monitor yet or not.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:We now have results, it worked. Our first camping trip was over the last two days and the camera works well. It is wired to the marker lights so turning on the lights feeds the camera. I do not have a picture of the monitor in the car, it is mounted upside down because the camera is mounted upside down.

Good job! :thumbsup:
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:18 pm

lrrowe wrote:Good job! :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby m.colley » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:12 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:Martin, I was concerned that since this camera monitor is bluetooth/wireless that there might be too much distance, or interference so tried both prior to making irreversible changes, cutting wires etc. There was however a bit of OK is this going to work when we started out. One aspect that I like is that you absolutely know you have clearance before merging. It is an exceedingly wide angle lens and I do not know if that can be compensated for in the monitor yet or not.

I can understand about the distance issue, that would be my concern as well especially since my CTC is 18' not including tongue, then add in the length of my truck. I've wanted a back-up camera for quite a while, and being able to run two cameras on this would be perfect, one for backing/ hitch hook ups and one for watching the butt end and sides of trailer. Its a reasonable price too so that makes it even better. I got into the habit several years back of running with lights on anytime I have a trailer of any type hooked up. Thanks for taking the time to explore with it and posting your results. It looks like its a winning combo.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby DrewsBrews » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:59 am

Since you wouldn't need the trunk cam once hooked up, a wired setup could be designed to unhook the trunk cam and hook the same wiring to the trailer cam. Simple way to use one screen for both and no need to mess with multiple inputs.
DrewsBrews
Donating Member

Postby m.colley » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:We now have results, it worked. Our first camping trip was over the last two days and the camera works well. It is wired to the marker lights so turning on the lights feeds the camera. I do not have a picture of the monitor in the car, it is mounted upside down because the camera is mounted upside down.

Shadow,
Now that you've had to chance to use your camera for awhile, how's it holding up? I've got some additional wiring to do soon and if I need to I can hard wire while I'm running my additional wiring. I know some cameras are using the digital wireless side which is suppose to eliminate interference and bad transmission.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:17 pm

The only problem I ran into is that the camera has a rather wide angel, and I will construct a sun shade. I have not had any interference problems.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote: ... I will construct a sun shade.

Yeah, mine needs that, too. Shading the top quarter of the view would be helpful.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets