OUTFITTING A TEARDROP

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

OUTFITTING A TEARDROP

Postby Whispering Wind » Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Last edited by Whispering Wind on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
"What lies before you and what lies behind you pales insignificant when compared to what lies within you. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, and catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain.
Whispering Wind
Teardrop Inspector

Re: OUTFITTING A TEARDROP

Postby Whispering Wind » Mon May 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Last edited by Whispering Wind on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What lies before you and what lies behind you pales insignificant when compared to what lies within you. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, and catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain.
Whispering Wind
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Some good points but not aimed at those of us with a teardrop.
This is a subject that comes up from time to time.
I have a very complete first aid kit which does need to be gone through and updated.
I also have a very complete tool and spares kit including wheel beings and test equipment for the electrical systems...
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Whispering Wind » Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Last edited by Whispering Wind on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispering Wind
Teardrop Inspector

Postby capnTelescope » Wed May 10, 2017 1:33 am

I skimmed the list quickly, and thought of paper towels and paper plates. And garbage bags. Gotta have garbage bags. One man's necessity is another's "Yuck." Why don't we have a "Yuck" smilie? :shrug:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed May 10, 2017 7:22 am

Very comprehensive list. I can see that as being helpful (with the addition of some things that SC and capn mentioned) for a prospective full timer, but waaaaay overkill for weekend warriors. What works for some people will not work for others.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Wed May 10, 2017 8:17 am

I would guess that all of us have some sort of list we use for our camping excursions.
I put mine in the form of an Excel spreadsheet and print it out for each trip. It is sort of sectioned off so,I do not have to review items that are not pertinent to any particular trip.

I awlays add new items to it as I find the need. Most items do not get crossed off, but rather put into an "optional" category..
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sun May 14, 2017 10:25 am

love seeing different lists of what people carry in their teardrops - it's the same as seeing everyone's different version of a teardrop - "ideas" we are all, always looking for new and different ideas - kind of another sort of fun-nes that goes along with the teardrop thing! There's always that one item that you will see on someone's list that will jump out at you "why didn't I think of that?" :thumbsup: that or "I didn't think of that" and should have!! :thinking: And Yes, there is always the extra STUFF that you though you needed to carry only to find later - why am I carrying that? And of course, there always that - if I have with me, I'll probably never need it, BUT it's when you don't have it, you than need it!!! :oops:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby working on it » Sun May 14, 2017 3:17 pm

I am also of the "more is better", and "prepare for all eventualities" persuasion, but if I ever need a tenth of all the medical supplies you've listed, I might need to carry a doctor along with me, as well.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Sun May 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Umm, there's no dutch oven. :crying2:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Whispering Wind » Tue May 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Last edited by Whispering Wind on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispering Wind
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Whispering Wind » Tue May 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Last edited by Whispering Wind on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispering Wind
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Tue May 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Ya can't go camping without a rubber snake. It would be immoral and unethical. Any Cub Scout can explain how to operate one.

Mandatory equipment.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Whispering Wind » Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Last edited by Whispering Wind on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispering Wind
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Whispering Wind wrote:EXCELLENT IDEA, TONY! Hadn't thought of that one. Its going on the list! ~BEAR

:? :thumbsup:
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to Camping Secrets