My easy come, easy go Coleman stove collection

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

My easy come, easy go Coleman stove collection

Postby deleted » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 am

So, last year I had a vintage Coleman stove collection, for around 30 minutes. :(

Alaska Teardrop and I had headed out West to attend the final IRG in Northern California. There was a raffle... You could drop your tickets into the paper bags near dozens of prizes that had been donated to the event. I really wanted to win a Coleman stove and my odds seemed good because there were many, of various models and quantities, available.

I dropped most of my tickets into the bags of the 425B model that appealed to me most. And waited.

Imagine my surprise when I won one! I was so happy. Then my name was called again! In my rush up to claim my second stove I didn't realize I'd also won a third! LOL :lol:

When I returned to the table with two more stoves everyone was laughing. Well, almost everyone. I heard someone say "Look at Fred's face." :frightened:

In my mind I sat there for the rest of the raffle imagining painting each stove a different color like this:

What I didn't realize until we'd lugged them back down to our campsite was someone else was thinking this:

The next thing I knew I was trudging around the campground handing out free stoves to anyone who wanted one. Well, two of them. I kept one. So that's how I went from having a collection to owning a single stove in less than an hour. I was happy to share though. Plus my mpg would definitely have suffered traveling with all three :thinking:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: My easy come, easy go Coleman stove collection

Postby TimC » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:25 am

Your posts are hilarious Stacie! Keep em coming.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks Tim! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It still cracks me up every time I think about how as I headed out with the first stove to give away someone hollered at me: "IS FRED MAKING YOU GET RID OF YOUR STOVES?" :lol:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Great little short story!

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:15 pm

But, what colour did you paint the keeper?
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby deleted » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Thanks Tony! It was one of the most memorable moments from our trip. Perhaps I should have added a "To be continued..." as the extra space the missing ovens left created just enough room for a great find in Oregon. LOL I even said to Fred when I got back to the car "It's a good thing you made me get rid of the ovens! Now there's room for this!" :lol:

Greg M wrote:But, what colour did you paint the keeper?

I haven't painted it just yet. But, I did just recently meet a guy who can powder coat it aqua blue for me so that'll be the color for sure! :thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:24 pm

:D Not to worry, Stacie.
When you come out this way again I will find one of Dean's to give you....(he'll never miss it) as he's got plenty! :ok: xoxo TDN :whistle:
:shhh:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby deleted » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:31 am

The Teardrop Nanny wrote::D Not to worry, Stacie.
When you come out this way again I will find one of Dean's to give you....(he'll never miss it) as he's got plenty! :ok: xoxo TDN :whistle:
:shhh:

:lol: Thanks! LOL.

:thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:19 pm

You are welcome.......they are still here!
TDN :FNP

P.S. Is your new handle "deleted"??
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment