hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter - TCTeardrops

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter - TCTeardrops

Postby Esteban » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:58 pm

:thinking: I'm considering buying a hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter from www.tcteardrops.com. Does anyone have experience to share using one? I called TC Teardrop Co. to ask if they still sell the hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter. I was told yes they do. They prefer that you email them with the length you need. Then they'll send you an email reply with the cost.

Facebook video of hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Re: hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter - TCTeardrop

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Esteban wrote::thinking: I'm considering buying a hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter from www.tcteardrops.com. Does anyone have experience to share using one? I called TC Teardrop Co. to ask if they still sell the hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter. I was told yes they do. They prefer that you email them with the length you need. Then they'll send you an email reply with the cost.

Facebook video of hurricane hinge with a built-in rain gutter

The funny thing is... I'd swear I gassed up next to that same yellow teardrop and Jeep that's on their homepage an hour ago. I should have taken a picture of it. Talked with the guy and suggested a campsite. A fellow old-fart with a beard. :thumbsup:

Can't help you with the hinge. I've had good success with Grant's Better-Than-Hurricane hinges but he's retired and they aren't available anymore as far as I can tell.

It's a good looking hinge.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques