Bargain thrift Store, yard sale & dumpster diving treasu

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Bargain thrift Store, yard sale & dumpster diving treasu

Postby bobhenry » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Well it has been a crazy two weeks... Found a 10 foot aluminum satellite dish last October but no one was around so I left a note well I passed by about every couple weeks off and on and finally decided they must be snow birds. Well April arrived and so did the snowbirds. I knocked and asked and was given the dish. The older fella said he had given it away 3 times before but there it sat. So I went home and got the 6x10 trailer and carted it home it will become the roof to an 8 foot octagon chicken house for the land lady. I answered a craigs list ad and got another 8x20 camper frame. It was $100.00 but the owner tossed in two real nice take off tires he had since all the tires were shot. This trailer will become the rolling train station "Platform" ( party deck ) I am going to use the other flat bed as the DEPOT trailer so the glider trailer is going away. Oh it gets even crazier this Monday I picked up a 10 x 10 x 6 dog kennel for the land lady's 2 new scottie puppies. It was lying in the back corner of the lot at a home and appeared damaged a bit. Again I knocked and we negotiated a bit to $50.00 and again the 6x10 trailer had another prize to tote home. Oh we can't forget the baby crib that was tossed out. I reconfigured it to make an indoors doggy play pen for her two little monsters.

I pinned it with some dowels so it could be knocked down and stored flat if necessary. ( guess I need to find my saw and trim them off a bit huh ! )
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
9000 Club
9000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Well my favorite store can thru once again........Image

That's about 15% of retail :twisted:
bobhenry
9000 Club
9000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Well done Bob ! :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:07 am

Well SCORE once again. I promise I will add some pics when I get to work Tues. A $92.00 motion light (a big brass coach light type) for $5.00. It will probably go on the tractor barn to deter uninvited guests.I found an old school set of mechanical gages still in an unopened original plastic shell for 7.00. This set will go in the P3500 tater chip type truck to replace the un-operational or idiot light gages in my "Minibago" Project. And saving the best till last ......a 7 foot stack of 2" thick by 4x8 sheets of foil faced Polyisocyanurate insulation board for I am embarrassed to even say...OK $25.00
bobhenry
9000 Club
9000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 am

Well I have been combing all the sale sites and even Craig's list let me down! I finally made a call Wednesday morning and found a metal roof installer who also has a sales operation. I inquired about 14 foot and 4 foot scrap and he felt he could get me what I needed "very inexpensively" I was to drive over ( about 30 miles) and meet with him Friday.

Here is the good part.....

About 4 hours later our delivery semi returned and the driver mentioned to me the words "steel roofing". My antenna went up and I immediately started firing questions about "What steel roofing". It seems our sister operation who had just moved to a new building had to install a huge door in the new metal building. This was the removed steel. Heavy gage high ridge industrial stuff. I grabbed a tape and the six 30 foot scraps of 3 foot wide steel will make the roof of the Depot with a tiny bit of scrap to spare. It just can't get any better !

Thank you Lord :worship:

I cleared it with the boss with a $10.00 donation as compensation for about what we would have gotten from the scrap steel dealer as junk metal. :thumbsup:
bobhenry
9000 Club
9000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:18 am

Well done Bob. We would have been disappointed if you would have paid money for roofing. Good luck finishing your project. :lol:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to Off Topic