Low noise Generator and A/C U units

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Low noise Generator and A/C U units

Postby MtnDon » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:42 pm

:thumbsup:
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Rolly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:00 am

I have a Yamaha EF3000iseb. I bought a surplus genuine US Army pup tent. I put the generator in the pup tent with a small fan and don't close the ends completely for circulation. The generator is protected from weather, not visible, and quiet.

Gary
Rolly
Teardrop Advisor

Postby lrrowe » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 am

Rolly wrote:I have a Yamaha EF3000iseb. I bought a surplus genuine US Army pup tent. I put the generator in the pup tent with a small fan and don't close the ends completely for circulation. The generator is protected from weather, not visible, and quiet.

Gary

That is an interesting idea. I built this for my noisy Champion. I have not tried it yet with the Yamaha.
But your idea might be less conspicious and easier to lug around. In fact any small tent might work.

Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Don't ask me anything about how to. I have just been reading a lot on Pinterest about guys adding their own mufflers to noisy generators. They all say it makes a huge difference.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Padilen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 pm

rebapuck wrote:Don't ask me anything about how to. I have just been reading a lot on Pinterest about guys adding their own mufflers to noisy generators. They all say it makes a huge difference.
A lot of the noise is from the engines. Mostly on the smaller lower cost units.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby PanelDeland » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:58 pm

I used to run a 5K unit for a tent campground (private) usually about 50-100 people at any one time. The gen sat on a hill above the camp and I used 4-5 hay bales stacked around it to vector the noise away from camp. You could only tell the gen was on because the lights worked....... and knew it was time to refuel if they went off. Not a very easy option with a TD.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to General Discussion