Newbie from Barrie, Ontario Canada with a Little Guy 6W

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Barrie, Ontario Canada with a Little Guy 6W

Postby ravenswood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm

We bought our used Little Guy 6 wide in the spring and we love it. We have a 15 month old little man now and that was one of the reason we bought it.
I spent a lot of my time camping with a canoe and in the backcountries of Canada. So I wanted something that can take us place and still enjoy the outdoors. I originally wanted to build my own teardrop, but the LG was a decent price and saved me the time.
With having a little man to go with the little guy, camping has somewhat changed for us. But we have made the best of it thus far. We have done a lot of crown land camping here in Ontario. Plus made a trip down to Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, up to New Brunswick, Quebec and back to home.
The plan is to slowly modify my 6W after having a few bumps and bruises in crown land. I started with new rims and tires, next up new fenders, new axle with springs and shocks, and I am going to bed line the whole trailer. I just recently recaulked the whole trailer and I think bedliner is the way to go to on not haveingto worry about leaks or recaulk every few years.

Thanks for having me and look forward to researching and contributing what I can.
ravenswood
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Barrie, Ontario Canada with a Little Guy 6W

Postby ravenswood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ravenswood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lrrowe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 pm

The trailer looks nice. Are you saying that you are going to use a bedliner for the complete outer surface? What leaks are you trying to prevent? If it for any joints, would not the flexing and vibration not stress any butted or overlapped joint and undo any expected protection?
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby ravenswood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks Bob. The plan is to coat the whole outer shell to seal any place that water can penetrate. With that Bed liner, I don't think I would have any issues with flexing after it is applied.
ravenswood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Is that skinned in bare aluminum?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby ravenswood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:09 pm

tony.latham wrote:Is that skinned in bare aluminum?

Tony

Hi Tony, No it is painted white.

ravenswood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi Tony, No it is painted white.

It was a bit hard to tell in the photo. If it'd been bare aluminum, I'd have suggested talking to the bedliner manufacturer first... you probably know that bare aluminum doesn't like paint... but you don't have that issue.

It's sounds like you're have a great time with that little bed-on-wheels. :applause: :beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:04 am

1st welcome to site 2nd if your going to use bed liner you might ask if the can do colored other then black
or go all white at least do the top white stay cooler then black
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby PJLangevin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:38 am

bc toys wrote:1st welcome to site 2nd if your going to use bed liner you might ask if the can do colored other then black
If you're looking for tintable bedliner, Raptor is one brand that has tintable product, it can be sprayed or rolled on. We got ours from Rondex (we are in Winnipeg). Been talking to Raptor tech a day they mentioned using a reducer to make finish smoother. Hope to get to it this weekend.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
An it harm none, do what ye will
PJLangevin
Teardrop Builder

Postby ravenswood » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 pm

PJLangevin wrote:
bc toys wrote:1st welcome to site 2nd if your going to use bed liner you might ask if the can do colored other then black
If you're looking for tintable bedliner, Raptor is one brand that has tintable product, it can be sprayed or rolled on. We got ours from Rondex (we are in Winnipeg). Been talking to Raptor tech a day they mentioned using a reducer to make finish smoother. Hope to get to it this weekend.

Let me know how it turns out and post some pics when you get the chance.
I just took off my stock fenders, time to get some steel ones fabricated and then my trailer is going in for a bedline. I am still trying to figure out which colour to do. I want black but don't know how much heat that adds.

ravenswood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PJLangevin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm

ravenswood wrote:
PJLangevin wrote:

Let me know how it turns out and post some pics when you get the chance.
I just took off my stock fenders, time to get some steel ones fabricated and then my trailer is going in for a bedline. I am still trying to figure out which colour to do. I want black but don't know how much heat that adds.

I am hoping to get started this weekend, last weekend was a bust for working on trailers

An it harm none, do what ye will
PJLangevin
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves