Just thought I would say hi to you all.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Just thought I would say hi to you all.

Postby bc toys » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Morning Slow its nice here in Nv still wearing shorts had to work today tell noon good to see you are doing good
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi, Mike: Weather here is pleasantly warm and breezy. Just got back from a camping trip last Sunday. Caught some kind of virus on that last trip that has me slowed but not totally down. Hope to get in another camping trip or two before the weather starts to turn unpredictable. Which reminds me that I need to start planning what seeds to plant in my fall and winter little veggie patch as there's always something that can be planted here! Still getting a few squash, eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes and am hoping to get some winged green beans from a some tropical plants that I planted this summer as an experiment. They can't be planted until the evening temperatures are at least 75 degrees; so, they are just starting to bloom now. Just for fun, last spring, I planted a new kind of cherry tomato vine, called "Ketchup & Fries" that has potato stock grafted on the bottom. Once the top dies back, I'll dig into the pot and see what I've got at the roots! Hopefully, I'll find a small batch of spuds! :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jim_manley » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi Slow!

Good to hear from you. There was lightning and rain showers as I drove from Billings, MT, to about 100 miles East of there Saturday evening as an unstable cold front is making its way East. As is stated most darkly in a low, guttural voice earlier in a current premiere cable/satellite channel show involving very uncomfortable chairs made of very sharp, cold, hard, slicing implements, "Winter is coming." Not coincidentally, snow levels will be down to 3,000 feet, with accumulations from seven inches there, to 18 inches up-slope, in Montana by Monday - Wednesday. Big Snow falls from the Big Sky out here ... and we wouldn't have it any other way! :applause:

Take it easy, Pardner!
"Education isn't the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -- Plutarch ... or W.B. Yeats ... or ...

"In theory, theory and practice are the same ... in practice, they aren't!" -- Some Engineer

"Just when you think you have all the answers ... they change all the questions!" -- Murphy of Murphy, Dewey, Screwem, and Howe, LLP

What I'd love to build: ... What I'll probably wind up with:
.....Image................ Image
jim_manley
Teardrop Advisor

Postby lee senn » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi Slow. Good to hear from you and glad to hear Walk the Winds is in the planning stage for next year. Count Norma and I in ( providing it doesn't end up being the 3 week in July , we have another commitment for then ). Keep me posted as Walk the Winds is one of our favorite gatherings. Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby Pinstriper » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey, Slow.

Here in Oregon the weather has turned. A few short rain showers, overnight lows are cool in the upper 40's, highs in the 60's and the leaves are turning.

A little more serious rain and the salmon will move from the ocean into the lower rivers on the coast. Rifle Deer season started yesterday and the rain sure helps. Cool breezes and warm sunshine.

I love fall.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Postby PKCSPT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 am

Hi Slow.
Haven't been out camping for a couple months. Weather here in Minnesota has finally started to cool down and our leaves are changing color.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion