Cargo trailer with living quarters

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Cargo trailer with living quarters

Postby George Miklas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I’ve been a camper all my life and RV owner since 1999. I’m skilled in PEX plumbing and electrical systems, but LP gas scares the life out of me.

I currently have a 2009 Palomino Stampede S195SD Hybrid travel trailer, towing with 2010 Ford E-350 Extended SuperDuty Wagon with Roadmaster Active Suspension installed and Bilstein shocks.

As my kids are HS and college, my RV needs have changed.

My new need is for a cargo/vending/display trailer with living quarters.

I have preferences like torsion axles, barn doors, RV side door, two door refrigerator, roll out awning as long as the cargo box, and a mature adult sized shower, and a 10-15’ cargo/vending/display area at the rear of the trailer.

For now I have to be weight conscious as Ford has published these limits for my van: max trailer weight 6300#, GCWR 13,000#. The van’s UVW is already 6000#, and I generally carry 2000# in merchandise and luggage. That leaves me looking for a trailer weighing 5000# or less. But alas, I’m. Or afraid to load my van over GVWR and GCWR. Last summer I pulled 14,400# over 3200 miles with no problems.

I live in Virginia and willing to look at used. So if you have a trailer that might catch my eye, send me an email [email protected]

Thanks
George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
George Miklas
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Cargo trailer with living quarters

Postby lrrowe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Hello George from Lynchburg from Smith Mtn Lake.
I am confused about your trailer length. Did you mean 10-15 feet long or is that the length portion of a longer CT that you want to dedicate to the vendor items?

I would do a weight estimate for all you plan on carrying in the trailer (and TV of course). 6300 lbs will creep up on you fast. The trailer empty could easily run 2000 lbs and then you want to add heavy items like a double door refrigerator.

Good luck with your venture.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves