New fella from way down in Louisiana

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New fella from way down in Louisiana

Postby RJBEATTIEJRF150 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Howdy Yall ! Proud to be here, and to make Yalls acquaintance. I'm doing a cargo conversion, after 10 years of gonna, I finally pulled the trigger. I bought a 2017 7 x 16 Cross tlr, Elite. So far only 17 different floorplan, plans. But hey do it once right. I'm 50, divorced, and my kids are raising their on kids, so it's all me, on this thing. I think I've got a good gameplan, but I reckon time will tell. My plans for use will be mostly if not entirely dry camping, out west. Anyhow I hope I can pick up some knowledge here and there and make it as smooth as possible, along with 10 yrs planning, and my entire life save 3 years in the building trades, it should turn out useable, at least. Thanks for allowing me to hang around with Yall !
RJ Beattie, Jr.
RJBEATTIEJRF150
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New fella from way down in Louisiana

Postby pchast » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 pm

RJ,

Welcome. :D

I'd like to suggest that even with a conversion like that you could build light.
Your trailer with its insulation and ply cover are the major structure. I was initially
shocked by how light things can be built and still be durable. I love my foamy, as
rough and light as it is.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RJBEATTIEJRF150 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:14 am

Absolutely, yea thats a major part on my end goal, light weight, im towing with a 2010 F150, V8, but no need to lower mileage, or build heavy for the sake of luxury. I live in a small cabin as it is, so I'm not all about fancy living. I just want a mobile cabin. Thanks, and glad to be here
RJ Beattie, Jr.
RJBEATTIEJRF150
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Txbum » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:34 am

RJBEATTIEJRF150 wrote:Absolutely, yea thats a major part on my end goal, light weight, im towing with a 2010 F150, V8, but no need to lower mileage, or build heavy for the sake of luxury. I live in a small cabin as it is, so I'm not all about fancy living. I just want a mobile cabin. Thanks, and glad to be here
Welcome from Texas. Great people here to answer your questions. Suggest you go to a rally and get to know some of the groups. Txbum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Txbum
Titanium Donating Member

Postby JoyceB » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 am

RJBEATTIEJRF150 wrote:Howdy Yall ! Proud to be here, and to make Yalls acquaintance. I'm doing a cargo conversion, after 10 years of gonna, I finally pulled the trigger. I bought a 2017 7 x 16 Cross tlr, Elite. So far only 17 different floorplan, plans. But hey do it once right. I'm 50, divorced, and my kids are raising their on kids, so it's all me, on this thing. I think I've got a good gameplan, but I reckon time will tell. My plans for use will be mostly if not entirely dry camping, out west. Anyhow I hope I can pick up some knowledge here and there and make it as smooth as possible, along with 10 yrs planning, and my entire life save 3 years in the building trades, it should turn out useable, at least. Thanks for allowing me to hang around with Yall !
Welcome and look forwards to seeing pictures of your project

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
JoyceB
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves