New member from So Cal

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New member from So Cal

Postby blondiesue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi,

My name is Susan, and I am from southern California. I am a dreamer. I used to dream of the perfect travel trailer. But then I heard about off-gassing and their reputation for shoddy construction, and my dream died. Then I became interested in tiny homes because of the quality in construction. I became the YouTube-watching queen. In the end, tiny homes were just too expensive, :shock: but I continued to watch the videos nonetheless.

Then something amazing happened: I came across a YouTube video of a CTC conversion. I was SO IMPRESSED! And in true YouTube fashion, the suggested videos were now all about CTC conversions. I watched a few more videos, and my dream returned! :D Then I watched another impressive YouTube video, and in the comments below, the person who posted the video said you could follow the construction of his CTC by clicking on his link. That link brought me to this website. I read the entire build thread for his CTC. His build was so amazing! :applause: I wanted more, so I read another thread, and another, and another, and another. Heck, I'm still reading! I feel already like I know many of the people who post here on a regular basis. I am blown away by the community you have here :thumbsup: , and how helpful everyone is.

As for me, I have dreams of buying my own and building it the way I want. I like the idea of a longer trailer, such as a 7x20, but I don't know if the longer length would make it more difficult to tow (especially turning). I have no experience towing, but I did drive a Brinks truck, so I'm familar with making turns in a longer vehicle. I also have no construction experience, but with all the tips I'm picking up on these builds, and with YouTube videos, I have hope. The electrical is what freaks me out the most; I had no idea how intricate it could be. :?

Until then, I will continue to read your build threads (picking up ideas), and maybe once in a while, I might ask a question. But mostly, I'm in awe of the talent you folks have :applause:
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New member from So Cal

Postby G2tP » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 pm

blondiesue wrote:Hi,

My name is Susan, and I am from southern California. I am a dreamer. I used to dream of the perfect travel trailer. But then I heard about off-gassing and their reputation for shoddy construction, and my dream died. Then I became interested in tiny homes because of the quality in construction. I became the YouTube-watching queen. In the end, tiny homes were just too expensive, :shock: but I continued to watch the videos nonetheless.

Then something amazing happened: I came across a YouTube video of a CTC conversion. I was SO IMPRESSED! And in true YouTube fashion, the suggested videos were now all about CTC conversions. I watched a few more videos, and my dream returned! :D Then I watched another impressive YouTube video, and in the comments below, the person who posted the video said you could follow the construction of his CTC by clicking on his link. That link brought me to this website. I read the entire build thread for his CTC. His build was so amazing! :applause: I wanted more, so I read another thread, and another, and another, and another. Heck, I'm still reading! I feel already like I know many of the people who post here on a regular basis. I am blown away by the community you have here , and how helpful everyone is.

As for me, I have dreams of buying my own and building it the way I want. I like the idea of a longer trailer, such as a 7x20, but I don't know if the longer length would make it more difficult to tow (especially turning). I have no experience towing, but I did drive a Brinks truck, so I'm familar with making turns in a longer vehicle. I also have no construction experience, but with all the tips I'm picking up on these builds, and with YouTube videos, I have hope. The electrical is what freaks me out the most; I had no idea how intricate it could be. :?

Until then, I will continue to read your build threads (picking up ideas), and maybe once in a while, I might ask a question. But mostly, I'm in awe of the talent you folks have :applause:
Brilliant post! I'm a newbie too and can't echo your sentiments enough about the knowledge that these folks have.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
G2tP
Teardrop Inspector

Postby blondiesue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Thanks G2tP,

Yeah, these folks are really good. I'm so glad I was made aware of this site.
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pchast » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby blondiesue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 pm

pchast wrote:Welcome! :D

Thanks Pete!
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Esteban » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Welcome, Susan

Keep dreaming, reading, YouTubeing and planning. Then make some sawdust.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby blondiesue » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Esteban wrote:Welcome, Susan

Keep dreaming, reading, YouTubeing and planning. Then make some sawdust.

I heard that!! :thumbsup:
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Susan, welcome to the forum. Where are you located, here in our wonderful So Calif? I am in Wildomar, Ca and have 3 teardrops, all ready to go a campin'. Swing on down and we'll share a cup of coffee and perhaps I can enlighten you regarding our wonderful teardrop lifestyle. Sounds like you have been bitten badly, so follow through with your dreams.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby blondiesue » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:Hi Susan, welcome to the forum. Where are you located, here in our wonderful So Calif? I am in Wildomar, Ca and have 3 teardrops, all ready to go a campin'. Swing on down and we'll share a cup of coffee and perhaps I can enlighten you regarding our wonderful teardrop lifestyle. Sounds like you have been bitten badly, so follow through with your dreams.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly

Hi Roy!

I'm in San Bernardino. I had to lookup Wildomar, and I see that you are located between Lake Elsinore and Murrieta. It's good to know there are local folks in my area! I have been bitten :) I really liked the tab teardrops. I think that was the model that had a wet bath. I really liked the cassette toilet set up to avoid having a black tank. And I liked that it had a built in air conditioner, and did not use propane. But boy are those models expensive :shock: Plus even if I could afford one, they don't sell them anywhere near me.
I really like the idea of a camper I can stand up in and have a good amount of space. That's why I really like the idea of a CTC.
What type of tear drops do you have, and did you build them yourself?
I found a post on this site that helped me learn some good info on the electrical system, so that was fun! I'm just gathering info and getting some good ideas about how to do things. I would rather know what I want to do before actually pulling the trigger and buying something.
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bill n Robi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:01 pm

There is an RV dealer in Azusa that handles Little Guy/NuCamp Tear Drops and small trailers. Even if you are planning to DIY, it helps to get a visual on the size and options for your build.

American RV Company
135 N Aspan Ave # 6
Azusa CA 91702

We went with the T@G over the T@B - cost and storage were the factors for us.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby blondiesue » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Bill n Robi wrote:There is an RV dealer in Azusa that handles Little Guy/NuCamp Tear Drops and small trailers. Even if you are planning to DIY, it helps to get a visual on the size and options for your build.

American RV Company
135 N Aspan Ave # 6
Azusa CA 91702

We went with the T@G over the T@B - cost and storage were the factors for us.

I watched a YouTube video of the t@g. Love the window on this unit! It has been a while since I've looked at the newer models. There have been some changes. While it doesn't have the wetbath, I like how low the weight is. My half ton truck could tow that easy.
The newer model t@b now has a black tank and propane, so I guess I haven't kept up with changes.
Thanks for the tip on the American RV Company. That's actually pretty close. :thumbsup:
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves