New to the area , looking for 5052 aluminum

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

New to the area , looking for 5052 aluminum

Postby Graniterich » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:33 am

Hello all,

We have just relocated to Goldendale Wa and I am looking for a supplier of sheet aluminum . I have tried googling it, but Yakima is a brand that gets all search results in that area. Yakima, The Dalles, even Portland if I have to.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Regards Rich

Sent from my A1-840FHD using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Re: New to the area , looking for 5052 aluminum

Postby GLSmith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Have you tried Pacific Steel in Yakima. I know 80 miles one way. Tri-cities or Hermiston may have a supplier.
GLSmith
Teardrop Inspector

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm

http://www.alascop.com/
Alaska Copper and Brass sells mill finish aluminum in various thickness and size.
http://www.dencosales.com/
Denco is where I get anodized bright brushed aluminum in 4' x 10' sheets, great stuff, put it on 3 teardrops.
They both have locations in Portland.

Does Goldendale still have riding lawnmower races down Main Street?
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby gudmund » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:04 pm

isn't Goldendale in Washington? "Jefferson State" is northern Calif./southern Oregon area - if your going to need to go Yakima, you better do It quick before Rattlesnake Ridge slides..................................take care and stay safe..............
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Graniterich » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 am

Yeppers, right over the border from Oregon. Wife won't be going to Costco soon! (In Yakima)

Sent from my A1-840FHD using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 pm

yes, it is probably an easier run to Portland for you than Yakima being there is a big hill heading north - just as long as the run to Portland does not include another fire like last year which was a bad one. We (PNW Tearjerkers) returning from a teardrop Crawl heading back north home from after a trip around Hell's Canyon last Sept. came though stopping at Stone Henge, just south of you - there was a lot of smoke looking west. Got some good shots of 6 tears stagger parked in from of Stone Henge. :) The Rattlesnake Ridge ordeal is looking like it could be a bad one which is located right at the choke-point just as you leave Union Gap southbound where I-82 and 97(with a river flowing along side) parallel each other - just east of the Ag. Museum. After seeing how the Oso slid happened a couple years ago just east of me a few miles here in western Washington - this could be another one happening the same way with a river at the base of the hill, everything coming down turned into instant mud, than it was like a tidal wave flowing over a mile eastward wiping out everything in its path. Take care - :thumbsup:
gudmund
500 Club

Return to Jefferson State