widepath camper

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

widepath camper

Postby hugh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:40 pm

I've been away from this forum for quite a while. I went over to the darkside, that is I traded my tiny homebuilt for an old 78 18" travel trailer and have been spending my now retired time building a couple electric assist bicycles, one a "fat bike" and the other homebuilt 3 wheeled recumbent tadpole trike. Through various youtube videos I found a Danish made trailer called the Widepath, designed for a bicycle and they also make a model for a micro car as well. Very cool concept, it folds in half, no link posted by me but if you google Widepath trailer it will come up. I thought of the fine folks on this site and that some might find it interesting.
hugh
Teardrop Master

Re: widepath camper

Postby hugh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 am

https://www.widepathcamper.eu/
To make it easier to view here is a link to their site. It is somewhat similar to the winter warrior except the pivot point is at the bottom not the top. I do like to build things and find that our 18' trailer while nice has a huge deficit related to weight and extra fuel costs. We are fortunate in that it fits in our yard so no storage costs. Anyway I'm mulling over building a version of the widepath and using some of the components of the 18'
hugh
Teardrop Master

Postby Pmullen503 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

The main feature of the widepath as far as I can see is it's compactness for storage. You get a LESS aerodynamic shape when folded. A lifting roof type of design would give you better aerodynamics with increased interior volume if storage is not an issue.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby JuneBug » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:06 pm

Love this thing. Too bad it's not a bit wider (at least 4'). Right now, it's a one-person deal.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion