No Response from Vintage Technologies??

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

No Response from Vintage Technologies??

Postby smtxom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 pm

I read a few builds where folks praised Vintage Technologies and recommended them for windows and doors. I emailed them going on two weeks ago and also used their sites "Contact Us" page. I never received a response. I work bankers hours and have a hard time calling them during their business hours. Is this the norm for them? Should I look elsewhere for parts? I'm having a hard time finding window trim plates for the size I need and they appear to carry them but I don't feel I should try this hard to give someone my $. Any other recommendations other than ebay?
smtxom
Teardrop Inspector

Re: No Response from Vintage Technologies??

Postby tony.latham » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 pm

They've been responsive over the phone during business hours in the past. You must have some sorta lunch break, eh?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby smtxom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:13 pm

tony.latham wrote:They've been responsive over the phone during business hours in the past. You must have some sorta lunch break, eh?

Tony

I admit that I had two lunch breaks this passed week. I'm salary. I'm also working a "Start up" at work and it requires 99% of my time/attention at work and everything else suffers. I'm basically working 12+ hour days right now until the contract start date. The short answer is "yes I've had a few times where I could have called" but I chose to use that time for something else. I just feel a company shouldn't have a "contact us" page or an email address listed on their site for contact if they don't plan to use it. Save myself and everyone else the wasted time and wondering by just posting your phone number only.
smtxom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Padilen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:19 pm

I found that they don't respond to emails. And don't usually return calls. But if you get the person you actually need to talk to, they know their stuff.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby vttrampers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:55 am

I sent them an inquiry yesterday and heard back the same day. I have had nothing but good experience with Vintage Technologies. My guess is that your inquiry got lost in cyberspace. I'd try again - they are good folks!
vttrampers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby booyah » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:56 pm

So, I used them for several major components of my build
Doors
hurricane hinge
fantastic fan
(cant remember what else)

The main reason I used them over others though is they were only about an hour from my house. I took the afternoon off work, drove over there bought everything I needed and headed home.

Saw a ton of cool stuff, had a great time chatting, overall excellent experience. I say give them a call during normal work hours for eastern time, and see if you can catch them. Its a small operation, so a lunch hour might not be the best option.
My build, 5x8 modified benroy "Smiles to go". Started April 2nd 2015, first trip August 2nd 2015.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63145
booyah
The 300 Club

Postby smtxom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I feel better about purchasing from them and will arrange a phone call today.
smtxom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby IndyTom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 pm

I used their contact page a couple of weeks ago and got a response from Fred within 24 hrs. He requested that I call him directly and did so at 5 and at 6 PM that same day. Very responsive. As a matter of fact, need to call him back to order my very long hurricane hinge....
Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby dmdc411 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I to have talked with Frank a few times. He's a wealth of knowledge! Not 100% on this. But I thought his business consists of him and his wife. Gotta give him a break, there are very few out there doing what he's doing. All the knowledgable advice you can ask for, and free! Contact him again, may have spaced it out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
dmdc411
Teardrop Master

Postby paintm4u » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:08 am

I used Vintage for all the parts I bought for my build and you couldn't ask for better people to work with. They helped me decide on the things I couldn't make my mind up on and they were right on all of it. I spoke to Fred or his wife on each call and they were very accommodating with my purchases and shipping questions. Don't worry about dealing with them you'll be fine.
paintm4u
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion