Cooler Near The Lake XII

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Cooler Near The Lake XII

Postby Gary and Cheri » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:56 am

Cooler Near The Lake XII

April 26-29, 2018
Kohler-Andre State Park

:vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: <---- Bob's trailer :beer: :vroom: :vroom: :miriams: <Sherry K and Theresa :pinktear: DWE Camp Hosts :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom:

:snowstorm: Hardy Campers :snowstorm:

Site-----Campers--------Cook's Night Out

02-----Tom-----Yes
04-----Ed and Jenn
05-----Duke and Laurie-----Yes
06-----Gary and Cheri-----Yes
07-----Mike and Michelle
08-----Karen and Paul
10-----Steve T.-----Yes
12-----Glenn and Opal-----Yes
14-----Doug & Nan ------Yes
16-----Jack and Beth-----Yes
21-----Ruth
22-----Eli
25-----Paul + 1-----Yes
27-----Tim and Adrianne-----Yes
28-----Dane and Angie
29-----Sherry K & Theresa-----Yes
30-----Kerry & Karen -----Yes
32-----Grant and Diane
33-----Pam and Jeffrey
35-----John and Roberta
37-----Shana and Steve
40-----Rick and Ginny-----Yes
51-----Dennis and Cheryl (Camp Hosts)-----Yes
87-----Bob

It's time again to sign up for 2018's Cool Near the Lake. This will be our 12th Cooler. Those of you that know the history of the event would be aware that the first "Cooler" was the only time we did not meet at Kohler-Andrae. It was held at a park closer to the Illinois border. Attend "Cooler" to continue our tradition and then consider attending the Land of Lincoln Chapters August event that will take us back to our roots. AUGUST, 9 thru 12th, ...."Wisconsin Road Trip"...........Cliffside County Park, Caledonia WI. (Racine ish). Reservations for this event will open on January 3, 2018. Hope to see you at both events.

LAND OF LINCOLN CHAPTER 2018 camping schedule can be accessed here; http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/vi ... 48&t=10023

RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE HERE;

https://wisconsinstateparks.reserveamer ... rkId=60021

Thursday April 2th - - Cook's Night Out is at 6:00; location 8th Street Ale Haus 1132 North 8th Street Sheboygan, WI 53081 (920)208-7540
Friday April 27th - - Meet and Greet will be at 6:30 in the shelter - - Bring something to share
Saturday April 28th - - Breakfast - 9:00 in the Shelter - - Supper - 6:00 in the Shelter - - Bring something to share for only Breakfast or Supper but not both - - Signup will be posted closer to the date

:snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow :snow
Last edited by Gary and Cheri on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 34 times in total.
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Re: Cooler Near The Lake XII

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:02 am

I am in site #10. Thanks again Gary for your hard work on one of our favorite gatherings. :applause: CNO...Yes
Last edited by Woodbutcher on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby pigcooker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Gary, please add:
Doug & Nan 14.............Yes for CNO
Last edited by pigcooker on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pigcooker
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

The Shelter

The shelter has been rented for Friday and Saturday. I am usually given its key when the park office closes on Thursday and I return the key Sunday morning after cleaning the shelter up. Without this shelter, we would have had several miserable outings. With this shelter, we have a great place to gather even in the worst of weather. It is not free. This year's cost is $100 per day. This cost has always been shared by all involved and has yet to run more than $10 per trailer. Pay Cheri Jorstad at the park.

For those of you who are new to this gathering, the shelter is composed of two parts. The front overlooks the lake and has a huge fireplace, while the back has a room that is heated and has water. Both sections have tables for our food preparation and group eating. The shelter makes all the difference.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Karen Clancy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 pm

That's good to hear , it makes a big difference . Looking forward to this outing again It was our first with the tearjerkers last year . Kerry
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby sherryk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Sherryk, Site 29; Thursday-sunday, CNO yes
sherryk
Teardrop Builder

Postby dutrisac24 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Dane and Angie are in site 28. We are scheduled to arrive on Friday April 27.
dutrisac24
Teardrop Builder

Postby Karen Clancy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Forgot to add CNO YES
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby happycamper747 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Please add me to the CNO list! Thank you!!!
Mary Hebert
Southwestern Illinois
TearJerkers Land of Lincoln
HikerTrailer.net 4x8
happycamper747
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RioWilson » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:06 am

Michelle and I are in site 007. CNO no for now, might change closer to the event if we can swing another day off.
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby JBBriscoe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Jack and Beth are on site #16. This is our first TearJerkers outing and looking forward to meeting everyone. We are a "yes" for the CNO.
Jack & Beth
Milwaukee, WI
JBBriscoe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gary and Cheri » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 pm

What to expect when camping at Cooler

We are now up to 24 trailers and several have never attended an event so I thought I would take a little time and give an idea what to expect during the event. Our group likes to eat, socialize, sit around fires, look at ideas for our trailers and eat some more.

Thursday April 2th - - Cook's Night Out is at 6:00; location 8th Street Ale Haus 1132 North 8th Street Sheboygan, WI 53081 (920)208-7540

Many of our trailers like to leisurely arrive on Thursday and spend some time setting up the tons of unnecessary stuff that we all like to camp with. You will generally find the first campers arriving shortly after noon. While having been busy for so much of the afternoon we find it comforting to know that we don't need to cook that night and attending a local restaurant/bar allows us time to relax and socialize. Also, the warm shelter is not made available to us until the park staff leaves for the day. We have rented the shelter (our shared expense) for all Friday and Saturday and since the staff does not show up until around 10 AM they have usually been kind to us on Thursday by giving us the keys early.

Friday April 27th - - Meet and Greet will be at 6:30 in the shelter - - Bring something to share

The reason many arrive on Thursday is to give us an opportunity to visit the local area, walk the beach, etc. as the rest of the event can often leave very little time for exploring. Those that have to work on Friday are mostly here by 6:30 and we like to give everyone an opportunity to get to know each other. We ask each trailer to bring something to share in the warm heated shelter. Chips, Cheese, Veggies, whatever you would take to a party. Also, bring your own drinks.

Saturday April 28th - - Breakfast - 9:00 in the Shelter - - Supper - 6:00 in the Shelter - - Bring something to share for only Breakfast or Supper but not both - - Signup will be posted closer to the date

Watch for a food signup roughly a month before the event. This signup is so that you can see what is missing from either breakfast or supper and make that perfect item for the meal to be a success. We ask that you prepare a dish or bring items that are necessary for either breakfast or supper but not both (orange juice, coffee, milk, etc.). Many of us are into cast iron dutch oven cooking and you will find these people very busy before the one meal they are making something for. Some are crazy enough that they make something for both meals but that is not expected and they are just showing off. You will be going back to your trailers stuffed this day. Lunch is on your own.

That brings us to Sunday. I appreciate help cleaning up the shelter in the morning. We like to leave it as we found it. The park really appreciates this and is part of the reason they cooperate with our Thursday night use of a place that we didn't rent. After cleaning up and saying goodbye to our camping friends I usually head to a local restaurant for breakfast and home. If you are still in the park at noon you may be the only trailer from our group.

The cost of the shelter and other expenses is over $200+ and is an expense that is shared by the group. Please pay your share to my wife. We usually have around 30 trailers show up so the cost is normally under $10.

See you in the spring. Gary
Last edited by Gary and Cheri on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby giesee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 pm

ED n JENN site 4 arrival Friday. cedar rapids ia
Forget the question.... beer is the answer
giesee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby elipeters » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Eli Peters, site #22, no to CNO.

Can't wait to see you all!
Eli Peters
elipeters
Teardrop Inspector

Postby duke » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Duke & Laurie Site #5 CNO Yes :stompspam: :lol:
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Midwest