Teardrop builder in Las Vegas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Teardrop builder in Las Vegas

Postby kevindford » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello All-

I've been posting questions and if I ever forget to say it, REALLY APPRECIATE all the expertise you all are willing to share! It's amazing to have a community of professionals- cabinet makers, engineers, trades people, skilled amateurs, as well as duct tape hackers such as myself :-) to help get these wagons on the road.

I've bought and received my Northern Tool 5x8 aluminum no-fold trailer (plans changed as I waited two weeks too long and Harbor Freight pulled all their 4x8's :-)

I'm modeling a slot and tab skinned-insulation panel grumman on onshape (another new skill- loving it), and am practicing gluing ply to xps, testing the strength of ply to ply adhesive, and pondering many many details. Most of the build I can see in my head but some things keep popping up as needing more attention, such as how strong the connection between spars and SIP sides will be only with glue, how much the roof cladding will push on the spars, and others.

I'm building here in Las Vegas using a community workshop called The Tool Chest, as well as a few friends' spaces and equipment. I'd love to meet anyone in Vegas/Henderson/Boulder City/Pahrump building anything. I have plenty of time and love to collaborate.

Thanks again for all the help, and look forward to relaxing with some of you out in nature.

Kevin
kevindford
Teardrop Builder

Location: Las Vegas, NV & All parts southwest and intermountain west

Re: Teardrop builder in Las Vegas

Postby bc toys » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 am

welcome I to am from Las Vegas we have a small group that camp and cook in DO's together don't know when I'll be going out again hope Feb Ill post it here when I know for sure when know when and where Ill be going My trailer is cargo conversion
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Teardrop builder in Las Vegas

Postby kevindford » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:55 pm

bc toys wrote:welcome I to am from Las Vegas we have a small group that camp and cook in DO's together don't know when I'll be going out again hope Feb Ill post it here when I know for sure when know when and where Ill be going My trailer is cargo conversion

Nice- thx
kevindford
Teardrop Builder

Location: Las Vegas, NV & All parts southwest and intermountain west

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves