Coolers used in Tear Drop Campers

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Coolers used in Tear Drop Campers

Postby davidAndshannon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 am

I am definitely not going to buy a Yeti and will head out to Walmart to look for a Coleman Extreme. Our teardrop does not have any electricity so we will have to use a cooler.

Kinda interesting that folks mentioned a Red cooler when that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Shannon
davidAndshannon
Teardrop Builder

Postby Tom Horn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:48 am

davidAndshannon wrote:I am definitely not going to buy a Yeti and will head out to Walmart to look for a Coleman Extreme. Our teardrop does not have any electricity so we will have to use a cooler.

Kinda interesting that folks mentioned a Red cooler when that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Shannon

Here is the red Coleman steel belted cooler we were talking about. Walmart.com has them on clearance right now for $80.99.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-54-q ... n0Ghp0rA3s
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby davidAndshannon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:50 am

Tom,

Thank you so much!

Shannon
davidAndshannon
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rainier70 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am

I like the Coleman Extreme Coolers. They come in different grades "3 day" "5 day" etc, but they are all fairly inexpensive.

I added an interior liner of a soft sided cooler to mine that extended the cold rating some. I have also used a liner made out of Reflectix insulation. Both methods help. I could keep 2 gallons of ice mostly frozen for 5 to 7 days. (Home frozen ice is better than block ice from the store.)

This last summer I picked up an Engel Fridge/Freezer when they were on sale. (They are back up to super expensive now.) I love it. I run it as a freezer on my 200 watt solar system. It freezes to 5 degrees below zero.

I no longer carry or use a cooler or refrigerator other than a small lunchbox one that I sometimes use with a frozen water bottle if I have a rare need. I have found that with a few frozen meats and other items I don't have a need for a refrigerator.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion