The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:52 am

Sorry to hear about the gift card.

Our snow didn't end until late last night sometime. I did have to snowblow again, but Laurie was able to get out this morning without me doing it.

I had already tried the Malwarebyte before I got your post.. at the moment I can't recall if I was on-line or not.. I just followed what they gave for directions. It does seem to have worked. I sort of wish I had tried it sooner.. but by that time I was leery of anything I was finding.

I am not sure what else is up for today... We are heading to Dave and Angela's tonight.. although Dave is gone. He had to drive back home from NY because his flight got canceled. He has taken a rental car to Burlington to get his work van.. and is now on his way to Delaware.. to switch trailers out.. All of this in not so good driving conditions.

I have some more house work to do.. and something for a workout.. that might be it.

We are having another Mill ride Sunday.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:44 am

Hope you are dug out from the snow now! :)

Got our downed tree cut up yesterday and also had a real fun day at the range. Kinda body sore today from cutting up the tree due to not doing much at all since the end of Nov 17.

We are going to switch to T-Mobile for our cell phones today. It will save us between $30 and $40 a month. :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Yes our snow is cleaned up... but we have another good sized storm coming Tuesday :cry: Right now they are saying 10" to 14".

We didn't have many at the mill ride today. hmm maybe 12 people.. but they came in stages.. so never a lot there at once. We had someone ask for a Sunday ride [for someone else] He said she can't make Saturdays.. but can Sundays. Of course we have had a Sunday ride that she didn't show up to.. :roll:
and she didn't show up today. :?

We got to see Dave's Truck and trailer. His truck is a big Ford.. a full double cab... and 8' bed.. and the trailer is 20 something feet long. He has to fly back to California Wednesday for a few days. He also has to pick up another trailer with more bikes. His first trailer.. He will be getting a lot more bikes also.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:27 am

We have gorgeous sun today... but our snow hits tomorrow. They are now saying maybe 18" :cry:

So not early spring for certain outside work. It is getting warm enough now for other stuff. I am redoing an area inside one of our instant garages. I am rebuilding the interior walls. I am going to resheath the walls with a solid surface, so I am less apt to puncture the covering. I have a lot of hand tools.. rakes shovels etc. that I store there. I want to redo that and add other storage.

We stared taking the old apart yesterday. I picked up some lumber this morning to start on it. Dave wants to go to the mill also. I have some U bolts to pick up, and I just heard my tools are in.

I have learned that I might be able to work for Dave some for Specialized. He can [and will need] helpers for some events.. and we can either get paid from Specialized.. or product in some way. We don't know details yet.. or how much... but at least there is something there for a possibility.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Mary K » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Just Stopped by.... thought I'd say hey!

Saw the news about Doug. Im kinda sad now. He had some teardrop building tallent..... I learned a lot from him.

Hope the rest of you are doing well.
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 pm

They are now saying maybe 15" to 22" of snow.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

We didn't end up going to the mill today. He had some stuff come up for work.. and somethings to do before he heads out to Ca.

I got my new saw today.. a Milwaukee cordless circular saw. I also got the pruning blades that I ordered for the sawzall. It ended up being 15 packages [with 5 in each package] I go through them doing trail work, but that will still last a bit. I should have perhaps ordered a few less of those.. and gotten some other options instead :shrug:

I also got a bit of work on the first wall in my instant garage. It is all framed up, and ready for sheathing.

When I picked up the saw, I found some interesting track that might work well for our van build.

Laurie is out with her hikers.. and it's time for me to head down for a weight workout.. legs today. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:10 pm

We got about an inch overnight last night! 8)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Our snow started mid morning.. and is supposed to continue into tomorrow sometime... I have seen numbers up to the 22" to 25" range.

I got more work done in the instant garage. I have that wall sheathed now. I have been getting stronger.. but it was tough carrying the 5/8ths sheets 150 or so feet around the barn to where I needed them.... then cutting and placing them up on the wall. I have started mounting stuff to the wall. Having a bigger wall surface.. and mounting stuff differently is giving me more room. Some things.. like leaf rakes.. we have 3 of those.. and they are all now mounted on one set of "hooks" .. So doubling tripling things up take less space. An 8' tall wall [90" actually] vs somewhere between 4' to 5' and a full 16' vs the ... hmm I am not sure how long.. 12' : 14' we had. I have also moved 2 six foot step ladders.. and 2 smaller fold up staging set ups, out to that area.. freeing space elseware.

I did do some snowblowing today.. to make it easier for Laurie to come home.

It is supposed to still be snowing hard tomorrow morning.. so I don't know if Laurie will go into work at her regular time.

Hi Mary K.. welcome back.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 am

We have had lots of sun the last few days, but it has been windy. Wind chills in 20s and 30s most of the time. Windy tomorrow still and then a bit calmer over the weekend.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 am

I didn't sleep well the night of the storm.. [nor last night] I was awake a good part of the night.. but did fall back asleep toward morning.. Laurie let me sleep in, vs waking me to clear the driveway. Clean up took a bit of time, actually I am still not done. We have a bit of shoveling to do. It was a heavy wet snow, but that without the wind was a lot less messy on me. I didn't have any clogging, although I did break a pin. I keep pins and tools right on the tractor.. and the usual breaking pin is quite accessable, so it's not a big deal.

We are supposed to have another Nor Easter next week.. Tuesday or so... :cry: :cry:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Isn't Tuesday the first day of spring???
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:44 pm

toypusher wrote:Isn't Tuesday the first day of spring???

For Maine.. the 1st day of spring is June 21st.. :oops:

I did more snow clean up... Laurie helping when she got home. I also did more work in my instant garage. I did got pick up more stuff for this job. I think I can fit all my tools on this one wall.. all the tools that were in there anyways. I will built up and sheath the opposite wall. I do have other things I can store there. I do have our snow scoop.. and a couple of large grain shovels [that we use for snow shoveling. This might be a good place for our wheelbarrow also.

Dave did make it out to California.. despite the storm. [His flight was just a little late taking off.]
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 am

We have finally had some sun.. although we have been cold. We were at zero degrees yesterday morning. [with wind]. We are supposed to warm up to the 20's today.. then warming more for the rest of the week.

I so want to be working outside.. We have 3 @#$%&^$ feet of snow out there.. and after some warmth.. back to cold is tough.

I have been and will be working in the barn / instant garages... it's about all I can work on right now.. and there is stuff that needs to be done out there.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:35 am

We are to get snow today starting about 10 and lasting through tomorrow evening with accumulations of 5-8 inches. Shouldn't be much today, but will be heavy at times tomorrow. Gonna be windy too I guess.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:22 am

Well, as usual the weather forecast was wrong. It snowed all day yesterday and we got 5 or 6 inches at my house and then it stopped last night for a while and is now snowing again and we are top have an additional 5 to 10 inches.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic