Hello from Poland

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Poland

Postby AndrzejM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here. My name is Andrzej and I'm from Poland.
I want to build a teardrop a pico one, just for two people to sleep, wit a bit of kitchen. I have a very small trailer as a base - HP401. I need to wider it a bit and make it longer. Now I'm gathering as much info as I can and hopefully I'll start to design and build. Don't have much time because I want it to be finished by June since in August I plan to travel to Georgia.

Keep your fingers crossed. I'm counting on your knowledge and support.

:thumbsup:
AndrzejM
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Poland

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Welcome,

Your speed will depend on your wood working skills and the base the trailer base. My first trailer was basically a box. no kitchen the only curve I had was the font top. I had very little skills and it took me for ever to find the base.
If you are using a used trailer, mine was a boat trailer, inspect it and fix it for any rust or damage before you start. On my first big run I was 2 states over and my axel mount broke, 5 years after that the tung broke each time I had to find someone to weld it. But it you have welding skills and a place where you can buy a axel and wheels or kit. There are many plans out there for such. You want 2 doors so you are not climbing over the other person in the middle of the night. The more complex you make it the longer it will take. You can always change it later. My first trailer had 2 door only one had a window and it was not glass but a small board to lift up before I went outside. several years later I made doors for it each with a window, door handles and proper locks.

The People on this forum can help you with any questions you have.

remember make it simple unless you make cabinets for a living. My second one was planned to be a 3 month build and I felt I could do it. But I wanted something better and But life got in the way and it has been 5 years now. I still have my old trailer and it can be pulled to an outing if I need.

Once you are done if you have time you can go back and change things or add things. Your main goal is to have a trailer you can sleep in and can safely pull it down the road. Know the laws for trailers both home and where you travel.

Welcome to our forum as you start put it down in Build journal.
Good luck :lol:
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby AndrzejM » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi Ron,

Thanks for a warm welcome. Of course I'll run a build blog, and hopefully I'll be able to start my build soon. Of course I'll keep it simple. Don't have much time to finish everything. For now I just wait for a bit warmer weather it's freezing right now :frightened:
AndrzejM
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lee senn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Andrzej Welcome to the forum ! Please keep us posted with photos of your build . Also it would be interesting if you would post pictures of your tear when you travel with it with some commentary so we could all see what camping and campgrounds look like in Poland . Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby tiiiiii85 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 am

Hello Andrzej,

my name is Tiziana, I am a newby from Luxembourg. With my Polish husband we are in the process of getting a teardrop (no possibility to build something here).
With Michal we plan to camp in Poland with the teardrop next year, maybe we could meet in a campsite! :D
Where are you from?
but most importantly: how is the build going? :D
tiiiiii85
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves