Just a warning

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Re: Just a warning

Postby Dale M. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Tom Horn wrote:
Dale M. wrote:
bdosborn wrote:
working on it wrote:It appears that their operation went downhill following their move from Carpenter Freeway, in the west-central industrial district of Dallas, to a new location in the Redbird area of Oak Cliff (southwest Dallas) only 16 miles away. In doing so, probably much of their good, old staff wasn't taken along, and/or their business model changed. A shame, because I liked the guys at the old location.

I wonder if anyone else sells a flexiride axle?

Bruce

Probably so....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flexride+axles

Dale

You might want to recheck that link as it leads to nowhere land of google.

Link is valid, maybe you don't understand "Click Here" or your technology is failing you (crummy cell phone app).....
Every link I ever post is always tested to ensure it works.... Try real browser like Chrome or Firefox

For those who are challenged...

https://www.google.com/search?q=flexride+axles

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Esteban » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:50 pm

There are 22 Flexiride Licensees
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Dale M. wrote:
Link is valid, maybe you don't understand "Click Here" or your technology is failing you (crummy cell phone app).....
Every link I ever post is always tested to ensure it works.... Try real browser like Chrome or Firefox

For those who are challenged...

https://www.google.com/search?q=flexride+axles

Dale

Dale,

My tech is too strong for your link. I run a script blocker in Firefox as well as pfBlockerNG. By the time I whitelist and enable scripts, it's disappointing to find that you just Googled something. People that try and keep their machines secure would prefer the link for the "challenged" as it's an encrypted connection (https) that doesn't require any unknown scripts to run.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Tom Horn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 pm

I finally got me some closure at least. I got tired of trying to get them to take care of the problem so I went to where I should have in the first place. I went to J&I manufacturing in Madill, Oklahoma and they had the hub for $12.50. I could have gotten the 3500# axle for less than the 2000# axle I put on my trailer. The next trailer I build I am going to build ground up and get all the metal supplies at J&I as they have the best prices anywhere in this area on the metal and parts needed. So I would recommend anyone in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma pay them a visit. As for Southwest Wheel I won't recommend them for anything. but getting a big hassle and headache dealing with them.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rhinoman64 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:59 pm

I didn't see this thread until after I got my axle from SW. I did see the Google reviews, but if I recall they centered around internet orders. I was in Dallas and stopped by to get my axle. The counterman was friendly, got the order processed quick enough and around back I went to pick it up.

When the guy brought it out to me, it was an idler axle even though I bought one with brakes. He took it back to correct it and in the meantime I looked into the sack that contained the hardware. It contained 9 lug nuts for a 5 on 5 hub. :duh:

Obviously, QC is not a priority for them.
Rhinoman64
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets