Another newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Another newbie

Postby FM82 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am

Hello, from Florida! Brand new to the site. I have a build that I am currently working on, and looking forward to joining in on the fun.Image

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I have no idea what I'm doing.
FM82
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Another newbie

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are off to a good start. What are you using to bend your tubing? Once I finish my teardrop I want to look into getting some kinda of roller for tubing. I have a few projects in mind that it would come in handy for.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby FM82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am

KTM_Guy wrote:Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are off to a good start. What are you using to bend your tubing? Once I finish my teardrop I want to look into getting some kinda of roller for tubing. I have a few projects in mind that it would come in handy for.

Todd
Thanks! Getting those curves actually ended up being done out of desperation. I searched the area for a roller, or anyone that I could pay to do it for me, but had no luck. What I ended up doing was kerf cutting the front and rear. With the cuts being 1/16th in width, and spaced every inch apart, it made the perfect radius for the rear. I started my started my build thread last night, but forgot to add that picture in. I'll do it now, so you can see how it worked out.

FM82
Teardrop Advisor

Postby KTM_Guy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:06 am

Checked out the build. Looking good, hope no more delays..

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby FM82 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:53 am

Great! Thanks, Todd. Any suggestions you may have, feel free to toss them my way.

Jeff

FM82
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves