3rd Annual Homebuilt and TD Gathering Sept. 19-22, 2019

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

3rd Annual Homebuilt and TD Gathering Sept. 19-22, 2019

Postby irgod32 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Here we go folks! Reservations for our 3rd annual Home Built and TD Gathering is coming up March 19th, 2019. We are allowed 6 months in advance to reserve our spots, so reserve early for September 19th weekend! Don't snooze and loose out!
First, I must apologize to all those who attend our little gathering for not being a vigilant host. I haven't been keeping up on our gathering post as well as I should have. There is no excuse but with family, grandkids, work, home, honey do's and finally my love of adding to my small camping trailer, takes up all my time. I hope you all will have patience with me and still attend our tiny trailer gathering.
September 2018 we all met and shared our trailers with one another. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy our discussion and conversations on what you all added to your trailers. There are so many little tricks you can do to make your trailer so personal. I'm sure we've all experienced someone coming up to you whether at a campsite or at the gas station asking about your trailer. For 10 or 15 minutes, the curious may get to ask you a few questions and maybe see a little of what you've done to your trailer, but at our gatherings we all get to see all the glorious details you put into each trailer.
Home Built and Original TD trailer gathering is for everyone interested in sharing their small camping trailer. This years gathering is again at the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=546). We usually reserve the loop 2-52, and I usually get space 50. Look at the website map and try to get a spot closed to that area so we all can be close. Come have fun camping with like minded people and share your trailer. We will arrive Thursday Sept 19 and depart Sunday Sept 22.
:D
We try to minimize group activities so that everyone is free to explore the surrounding area. Santa Cruz Boardwalk is about 35 minutes away, ROARING CAMP RAILROAD is not far from Henry Cowell Redwoods SP. The town of Felton is a attractive place to visit with restaurants, stores and markets. Plenty of hiking can be done or just sit and relax in your campsite next to the tall redwood trees.
Thursday night will be a settling in and relaxing night but feel free to wander and meet other small TD campers.
Friday morning and afternoon is a good day to check out the surrounding areas, Felton, or The Santa Cruz Boardwalk. Friday night we will have a meet and greet with your favorite (BYOB) beverage, we sit and chat for a bit and share stories.
Saturday morning and afternoon is all yours to explore as you wish. Saturday night will be a Pot Luck where you can bring your favorite quick fix camping dish, and we sit around the campfire and share stories of our builds and travels.
Sunday, is a sad day, we pack and head out to our own worlds and lives. Soooooo....! All that being said, I hope to see you all there again.
See you all in September!!!!
Last edited by irgod32 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Re: 3rd Annual Homebuilt and TD trailer Gathering Sept. 19 -

Postby ELM » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 pm

Looking forward to it.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Re: 3rd Annual Homebuilt and TD Gathering Sept. 19-22, 2019

Postby irgod32 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Today is the day to begin reserving you spots for September 19-22, 2019!
Spots go quickly so get your spot reserved!
See you all then!
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby jack1845 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:30 pm

Were looking forward to seeing everyone and the campers this year. Jack&Chrys Site#17 We have a few improvements you might like to see. :thumbsup: PS we are going to the Shasta lake gathering next month. Till then, safe voyage.
jack1845
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:03 pm

That's great guys! :applause: I can't wait to see the changes you made. As usual, we have plans with family that weekend of the shasta gathering. I hope you all have great weather in Shasta this year.
See you guys soon
Robert and Terry
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby rkanz » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 am

We had a really good time last year and will be back. Need more of the awesome strawberries from the Wild Roots market in Felton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rkanz
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 pm

Good to hear rkanz! Looking forward to see everyone again. There's nothing like good food, Good company, and good camping!
See you in September :applause:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:40 pm

I am bummed that we will probably not be there, we had such a great time last year

our house is in the process of being sold, and if everything goes well, we are going to be relocating to Cheyenne Wy, hopefully by june, july at the latest.

I do encourage anybody that is on the fence about going to this event, make the decision to go!! lots of good stuff and great people!
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:34 pm

On how sad you won't be able to make it Andy and Mandy. You both will be missed. One of the best things I enjoy about this gathering is the uniqueness of everyone trailer. And your trailer was very inspiring. Every time I see a home built, one of a kind trailer like yours, I want to build another with all the ideas I've learned from people like you. Thanks for sharing your dream with us. :thumbsup:
As sad as it is to hear you're moving away, I'm sure that this part of your lives will be a wondrous adventure! I'm sure all of us from this gathering wish you the best. Take care and keep us posted on your trip. Post pictures on this post so we all know how you both are doing. :pictures:
Happy adventures and safe travels my friends :applause:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 am

Update

We made it to Cheyenne, finally!!

We did a scouting trip a month ago and we had to put the trailer in storage in cedar city utah, due to an unknown water leak, the weekend we were to be in Cheyenne, it was forecasted to be a down pour, it needed up being the downpour of the century, so storing it in utah was the best thing we could have done, it was a holiday weekend and none of the mini storages in Cheyenne we’re going to be open.

We did move to Cheyenne last weekend, Put an offer on the house, got the job I wanted, so now, we had to run down to cedar city to get the trailer, it’s another 10 hr drive back :cry: .

At least our trailer stayed dry and protected!!

We are enjoying the clean air, cool temps and awesome area!

Take care teardroppers! It’s been a pleasure!,
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 pm

HELLO Andy and Mandy!!!
So glad to hear your travels were safe. It's good to hear you both are well and on a new adventure (A lil envious). What this about a leak?
So glad to hear the job you wanted came thru for you, I'm sure the house you want will come thru as well. :applause:
Enjoy your new adventure and keep us updated, post pics if you can.

I'm sure I speak for the rest of our group, take care and stay well!

Robert and Terry
:beer:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Hey guys. It looks like you’re gonna have a great turnout. The campgrounds are completely full. Have a great weekend! 8) :wine:
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Hey Dave, I'm hoping on a bigger turn out but we will see! :thumbsup:

I always look forward to seeing the updates everyone added on their trailer. Hope to see you there!

Robert and Terry :applause:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Hey man. We went camping a few times this year and we’re always modifying and tweaking.
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:45 pm

GO_C_DAVE wrote:Hey man. We went camping a few times this year and we’re always modifying and tweaking.

Hey Dave, there is nothing like camping in something you've built with your own two hands. Glad to hear you have time to explore. I hope to see what you've tweaked and changed in your trailer
:thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to South West