FoamStream , the restoration … a lesson learned .

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream , the restoration … a lesson learned .

Postby GPW » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 am

Now then , there’s just this one little point . ( here we go ) Remember the tail lights , they were at the very back of the trailer , and now they’re underneath … :o Seems my floor grew by several inches ,and I’m basically at a loss to explain it … I did notice the front foam fits the nose flush now , The whole cabin has shifted aft … and you know , we measured more than Twice … :duh:

Here’s a Big lesson … This time we used the Gripper for all canvas gluing . After learning how waterproof the Gripper was , testing on the FS roof mod. The T2 as we experienced is only “water resistant” and after a while of constant soaking , the T2 glue does fail , where the Gripper doesn’t …The Gripper is more a PIA to use as you really need to paint it on the foam , and the canvas too , then stick them together while wet … That works very well … !!! Then it’s OK to paint more gripper on the outside to seal off all the fibers … We used a lot of Gripper this time ( 1/2gal + ) , but it was worth it … T2 is great as a glue , but it’s not the best for foam to canvas ( JMHO)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby HMK » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:42 am

Has the shifting caused it to break away from your trailer or is everything ok?
HMK
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 am

Can't wait to see her sitting in a campsite! Any quick-trip plans now that she's back together?

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Hmk , It’s very secure , even more than before ( more screws and glue than before )… but now the foam in the front doesn’t overhang the floor like before , but still that only accounts for a few inches … Maybe it’s because we measured that it fits now … :o Not a problem really , I appreciate the extra space… :lol:

T, Please don’t wish that on us , the only way this will be at a campsite is if our home is imperiled ( Hurricane ) .. :frightened: But once we get the new tires on it , we’ll have to take it for another “shakedown” cruise …get it out on the highway ,open it up , see how it tows … again …not expecting any problems ... ;) And I really need to get it weighed … new floor and all … :thinking:

And the wife and I looked for a cheap rug to fit , but didn’t find anything yet … but still looking … I’m secretly thinking of visiting my old pal at Carpet Corner and getting a remnant .. (thrifty) I really wanted a piece of Grandma style linoleum , but turns out it’s ridiculously expensive now … over $400 just to do the FS floor … Have to pass on that … :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 pm

GPW wrote:Got the boards inside … Pretty wood !!! Ants probably won’t like it … :NC

That is BEAUTIFUL wood! Seems a shame to cover it up with linoleum...or paint... or a rug...
Last edited by rjgimp on Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby rjgimp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:52 pm

GPW wrote:And while we were resting inside from the heat , a friendly Fat Dog with funny ears showed up outside the Studio …and hung around for a while till it wandered off… :o Living in the woods has many little surprises ... :lol:

Was his name... PORKY??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:stompspam:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:35 am

Rob, it was never around long enough to name … Very Friendly , but we really didn’t need a Pet … that and out here in the woods , I didn’t know if Mama was around … ??? Wild Hogs around here get as big as small horses … :frightened:
It sure was cute ( as Pigs go) and was seemingly very friendly … I hope it faired well …
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies