Need help with a problem

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Need help with a problem

Postby Bigwoods » Mon May 13, 2019 5:44 pm

This is kind silly but I am so bothered by the glare coming off my consul on my that I have to cover it with my hand.. I need to put something on it that wont look goofy but stop the glare. I want something removable when I trade it in.. Gotta be something better than masking tape my wife suggested. Any ideas?
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Re: Need help with a problem

Postby tony.latham » Mon May 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Bigwoods wrote:This is kind silly but I am so bothered by the glare coming off my consul on my that I have to cover it with my hand.. I need to put something on it that wont look goofy but stop the glare. I want something removable when I trade it in.. Gotta be something better than masking tape my wife suggested. Any ideas?

Consol:
1.an official appointed by a government to live in a foreign city and protect and promote the government's citizens and interests there. "the British consul in Israel" ...

You guys up there in Minnesota sure talk funny, dontcha know? :D

I'm assuming you mean your vehicle's dashboard? If so, I have had vehicles in the past that I installed an after-market carpet-dash covers. They work well and are easily removed.

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby me&z » Tue May 14, 2019 6:38 am

Same problem with my Traverse. Some styling idiot decided that chrome trim and very shiney fake wood plastic were a good idea on the center console around the gear shift.

In town, I just use my hand because I'll probably be turning in a block or two. But on longer travels, I've folded a napkin in fourths, ripped a small section off the folded corner, and used the resulting hole to drop the napkin over the gear shift. I've thought about making a similar thing out of fabric to have when needed. But I'm lazy. So I just keep using my hand for short trips and the paper napkins for longer need.
me&z
Teardrop Master

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 am

tony.latham wrote:
I'm assuming you mean your vehicle's dashboard?

Tony

Isn't a dashboard that piece of wood that protects the driver's legs from clogs of dirt thrown up by the horses' hoofs? :lol:

Greg, you didn't say what type of vehicle you have. For Jeeps, we have all sorts of parts made by after market companies. If I didn't like the stock console, I could replace it with one that has an electric soda cooler, larger storage, or a number of other possibilities. (Stock Jeep consoles, however, at least of the 2009 vintage, don't have anything shiny on them in the first place.)

Perhaps someone makes something along those lines for yours?

Tom

(Of course, a "Real Jeepers" solution would be to use duct tape!)
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Return to Off Topic