HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby hankaye » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Tommy B, Howdy;

Tommy B wrote:Right I see what you say. I may see an easier way by lifting the counter up prior to turning in and pulling the Dometic over a few feet.It provides a very solid surface. :thinking:

Well the up coming shake down trip will be interesting. :frightened: :lol: I messed with every system in here and god only knows what will pop up.

Camp for life!

If you want/need a more comfortable walk-way then the reduced size chunk of ply
would be the ticket. Room to swing legs with feet, out of the sleeping bag and to
the floor without having to twist feet into un-natural positions is always "a good thing".
A more up-right position is also more betta for keeping body and soul as one unit. Trust
me in these matters.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 am

hankaye wrote:Tommy B, Howdy;

Tommy B wrote:Right I see what you say. I may see an easier way by lifting the counter up prior to turning in and pulling the Dometic over a few feet.It provides a very solid surface. :thinking:

Well the up coming shake down trip will be interesting. :frightened: :lol: I messed with every system in here and god only knows what will pop up.

Camp for life!

If you want/need a more comfortable walk-way then the reduced size chunk of ply
would be the ticket. Room to swing legs with feet, out of the sleeping bag and to
the floor without having to twist feet into un-natural positions is always "a good thing".
A more up-right position is also more betta for keeping body and soul as one unit. Trust
me in these matters.

hank

You are correct. I went out this am with a fresh mind and pulling that dometic over will obstruct passage plus its heavy when full. I will try this small auxillary shelve if I can fit it in prior to this up coming trip. I Only NOW see what both of you meant. Hell yes and I can keep this extra piece under the bed in a pocket between studs for storage. 10-12 inches should do it. I just now got it, man. I will do this.
Thanks again!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 pm

My previous fold down counter top fits the bill pretty good. It is just setting there. That would be much better in the middle of the night. I will store it in the bed frame. This is what you meant right?

Thanks Beachguy and Hankaye. No rhyme intended. 8)
Attachments
1110191319 (Custom).jpg
1110191319 (Custom).jpg (122.38 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
1110191317 (Custom).jpg
1110191317 (Custom).jpg (92.29 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby beachguy005 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Looks good. I would suggest that you add something to the bottom of the side edges, outside the brackets, so a bump in the night doesn't send it sliding off the bracket. A simple screw with 1/2 inch exposure, a wood peg, even a piece of scrap wood.
Gravity will hold in down and pins will stop it from slipping off left or right.
beachguy005
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

beachguy005 wrote:Looks good. I would suggest that you add something to the bottom of the side edges, outside the brackets, so a bump in the night doesn't send it sliding off the bracket. A simple screw with 1/2 inch exposure, a wood peg, even a piece of scrap wood.
Gravity will hold in down and pins will stop it from slipping off left or right.

I spy with my little eye 2 holes in each of those support arms. Why not install some finish nails
or something similar where each hole is? They don't need to be to long 1/4 " would suffice. That
way it won't shift and you can cover those ends that are waiting for those scrawny legs to get to
close enough to take a out a chunk. Added plus is yer supper won't go airborne as easily.

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 pm

C.T performed great. Actually felt like a real camper with the window and fold down counter top. Fun trip. Good variety in riding. Just not enough hours in the day out there.
I will take a small break from any more improvements for a bit and just try to find time to enjoy this thing as is. :D
:beer:
Attachments
NOVEMBER2019ONE.jpg
NOVEMBER2019ONE.jpg (124.42 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
NOVEMBER2019TWO.jpg
NOVEMBER2019TWO.jpg (108.73 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Good to hear you didn't have any problems or just the niggling type that
always pop-up. You know, the usual crap that eats up small bits of time
but can also be ignored if need be.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 am

Meant to post this. Just seems to sum it up in a good view. Lots of work to bring it all together. This was the first night and things progressed when Don showed up. 8)

Things did break. My dirt bike battery died day one. Right boot straps gave out. The rear tire is toast. So is the front one. But the CT did come through not one issue.

Camp onnce a month if I can/could.
Attachments
NOVEMBERFOUR.jpg
NOVEMBERFOUR.jpg (91 KiB) Viewed 4417 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Your camp looks good. Nice set-up, cozy even.

If ya didn't have the bike there ya coulda just walked down
near the water an done some fishin'. Beautiful place there.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:01 am

hankaye wrote:Tommy B. Howdy;

Your camp looks good. Nice set-up, cozy even.

If ya didn't have the bike there ya coulda just walked down
near the water an done some fishin'. Beautiful place there.

hank

Yes I do ponder that thought at times. As I am getting up there in age. Near 58. Both shoulders rebuilt, a crippled right hand and bad knees. What the hell am I doing? But damn it I feel so alive on that thing. Not ready to quite just yet Just a bit more. God willing. It really sucks getting old and it sure aint for ****ies! :shock: hank your the best!

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:14 am

I don't think I'll ever be ready to quit riding my motorcycles... I just need to slow down a bit... something wrong with the front end of my KTM, however....
... the front tire does not want to stay on the ground. I have not figured out the problem yet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 am

Don poping wheelies in the state camp ground. Now that did :shock: me.

Yup, just grab some throttle and your twenty again. There in lies the problem. :lol:

And the smell of the forest as you trail ride. Saw a big fox squirrel last ride out. A bizzare looking creature. Stuff like that and more keeps you in ther game I guess. :thumbsup:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:18 am

flboy wrote:I don't think I'll ever be ready to quit riding my motorcycles... I just need to slow down a bit... something wrong with the front end of my KTM, however....
... the front tire does not want to stay on the ground. I have not figured out the problem yet. Lol

Check for a nut loose behind the handlebars. 'Bout the same size as the one loose behind the truck steering wheel. Common problem with that generation of motor vehicle of all types. I've learned to just grin and bear it. ;)

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 am

McDave.. I think you nailed it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 pm

Nearing 58, o my my that's sooo old.
I am 58, arthritis, fused right ankle, bad bowels, auto immune disease, back and neck issues, shoulder and hand issues.
I'm not done yet, pissed winter came early. I had more riding to do.
My 2020 better be better, no hospital no breaking bikes and a new(used) DRZ, or such better make it into my possession.
Glad, you had a good time and are happy with the "new" CT.
Happy Thanksgiving (late) Merry Christmas and Happy New,

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions