Staying logged in

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Staying logged in

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:21 am

I had stayed logged in for several years but past few weeks it seems I get logged out frequently. In fact, I was logged in when I clicked new post for this thread and it said I had to log in to post. Likewise, I can he logged in and if I click on a link to a build thread in someone's signature, I'm logged out. Is it just my device or are others having issues with this?

Thanks!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Re: Staying logged in

Postby lrrowe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:20 am

No problems here.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby MtnDon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:55 pm

If my memory is any good, others have posted, that they were having the same problem. Sadly I don't recall if they posted a solution. I do find that when I switch to one of my other access devices I have to login with the new device. Then when I move to another I have to login with the next device. But I've not had a problem when continuing on the same device.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby MtnDon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I searched and found this thread... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=60258&p=1174448&hilit=login+problem#p1084521 I didn't read any; I'll leave that to ya'll with troubles.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:40 pm

MtnDon wrote:I searched and found this thread... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=60258&p=1174448&hilit=login+problem#p1084521 I didn't read any; I'll leave that to ya'll with troubles.

Thanks. At least it's not new and I'm not the only one without a solution. Odd that it's a new occurrence, and no other changes I know of.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby working on it » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 pm

QueticoBill wrote:
MtnDon wrote:I searched and found this thread... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=60258&p=1174448&hilit=login+problem#p1084521 I didn't read any; I'll leave that to ya'll with troubles.

Thanks. At least it's not new and I'm not the only one without a solution. Odd that it's a new occurrence, and no other changes I know of.
There might be a time factor involved...my longer posts always require me to use my computer notepad to save what I've written, just in case it all goes away during a preview or submit failure. I used to use the saved draft feature, until it also started dropping my info, and requiring me to log back in. I've had this occur for 3-4 years, and recently had similar problems on Expedition Portal, so it might have something to do with my local ISP. Just like at work, before I retired, I have to develop and use "WORK AROUNDS" to get anything posted. At work, it was two different IT teams not on the same page, at home, maybe just my luck with computers?
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 am

Check time zone settings then learn to love it like me :(
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:06 am

Using my phone works because it uses my cell signal and not my sattelite connection, no way to resize photos for uploading tho
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Westley » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 am

I recently joined, and I noticed problems with being/staying logged in right away.

Even when I went to make this post, the screen showed me being logged in, but when I clicked the Post icon, it defaulted to the login screen.

In fact, my first post herein was a nice, but long, intro. When I clicked submit, it defaulted to the login screen and I lost the whole intro narrative. I was so disgusted that I chose to not do it again. After that, I copy what I've written before clicking submit, in case the system forces its loss again. And it's happened several times.

The screen shows me logged in, but on initial posts and edits sometimes it's not telling the truth, and defaults to the login screen.

And sometimes I have to log in several times for it to stick.

It's rather irritating.
Westley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Westley wrote:I recently joined, and I noticed problems with being/staying logged in right away.

Even when I went to make this post, the screen showed me being logged in, but when I clicked the Post icon, it defaulted to the login screen.

In fact, my first post herein was a nice, but long, intro. When I clicked submit, it defaulted to the login screen and I lost the whole intro narrative. I was so disgusted that I chose to not do it again. After that, I copy what I've written before clicking submit, in case the system forces its loss again. And it's happened several times.

The screen shows me logged in, but on initial posts and edits sometimes it's not telling the truth, and defaults to the login screen.

And sometimes I have to log in several times for it to stick.

It's rather irritating.

Mine did this for years with no resolution since it was not the forum's fault but the fact that I used satellite internet and the location of the satellite messed with my time zone when I posted so it was good upon logging in but 2 min later I was logged out and the frustration of losing a well thought out post is real. It only resolved myself when I was able to get real internet. If this is not your issue, I would check the settings in the forum to ensure the daylight savings and the time zone settings are correct.... and just because I am so conditioned to being scared... Right as I end this post I hit select all -> COPY.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Westley » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:50 am

"I would check the settings in the forum to ensure the daylight savings and the time zone settings are correct...."

I looked and have not found where I can do that.

I am on satellite internet.

I participate in another forum and the issues herein with login and staying logged in are not present on the other forum. It's unique to this forum.
Westley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 am

Westley wrote:"I would check the settings in the forum to ensure the daylight savings and the time zone settings are correct...."

I looked and have not found where I can do that.

I am on satellite internet.

I participate in another forum and the issues herein with login and staying logged in are not present on the other forum. It's unique to this forum.

Go to User Control Panel at the top then select Board Preferences. but you just said you were on satellite like I was so you may be out of luck. I had the same issue with other forums working.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Westley » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:21 am

I followed your path as directed, and found the place where time zone is. I'm on eastern zone, which is correct. I turned the DST box ON.

So, we'll see.

As I said, I regularly post on another forum, and the issues I've had herein with login are unique herein.

Besides, I cannot understand how login could possibly be tied to whether I have the time zone setup correctly. Or whether I'm on satellite or not.

If the router shows I'm connected to the net by Wi-Fi, how is it possible for this site to go past that and mess with whether I'm logged in or not? If I wasn't connected to the net, then I wouldn't be able to login again, or even see tnttt site at all.
Westley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rjgimp » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:19 pm

I have found myself logged out at odd times occasionally. I have not been able to put my finger on a specific set of circumstances that is ALWAYS present when it happens. I can remain logged in for months and months and then out of the blue it happens. A couple times it has happened twice in a week. I have only ever used one device (a winD'OHs laptop) and I believe I have always used the same (firefox) browser.

:throw PC:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Return to Threads about the forum!