Mordor v5.0 Back to Mordor. June 5-9 2020

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Re: Mordor v5.0 Back to Mordor. June 5-9 2020

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue May 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Wolfgang92025 wrote:Jen,

Guess it's my new supper power.
Crash the world economy and throw in a pandemic for good measure. :shock: :lol: :D

Don't mess with the Wolfgang.
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Photophobic » Tue May 12, 2020 1:28 pm

ghcoe wrote:What is your planned route?

It doesn't make too much difference to me, I can head south on US95/55 down to I84 or I can come south I15 and back west.
Paul

Photophobic photographer looking for adventure.
Build thread: Here
Photophobic
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Photophobic wrote:

It doesn't make too much difference to me, I can head south on US95/55 down to I84 or I can come south I15 and back west.

Last March found a decent place 4 miles east of Richfield Idaho. Come down the goat trail ( US 95/55 ) get on the I84 then get off I think exit 142 to Gooding. Keep going on to Shoshone. Then the Highway to Carry, Craters of the Moon, Arco. Four miles past Richfield take the Jim Brown road on the right. Cross the bridge and about 1/2 mile further there is a place where dirt was dug out years ago. Kind of a depression that will help if it is windy. You might have to share it with some shooters but they are on one end. Or most any place around there you like. It is BLM ground. Next morning back to Shoshone, fuel up and then Highway 24 going east to Minidoka
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby robfisher » Wed May 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:Four weeks away. Weather is looking great. At least today it is.

For some reason I have it starting on Friday June 5 and runs for 5 days, 4 nights. I can not remember why I did that. I can stay out that long if any one else wants. Does starting on a Friday cause a problem for anyone?

Also bring a mask and be prepared to wear it if we start to bunch up. If you refuse to wear a mask for any reason then I respectfully request you do not come. Its my party. And that's my rule. I do not expect we will always be wearing masks and I know I won't but if we get close be prepared.

2nd rule. Have a good time.

See you in Minidoka Idaho. June 5th about noon.

I can live with that first rule, but don't tell me to have a good time. Being forced by rule to have a good time just goes against my grain somehow. :NC
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu May 14, 2020 8:20 am

robfisher wrote:
Wolffarmer wrote:Four weeks away. Weather is looking great. At least today it is.

For some reason I have it starting on Friday June 5 and runs for 5 days, 4 nights. I can not remember why I did that. I can stay out that long if any one else wants. Does starting on a Friday cause a problem for anyone?

Also bring a mask and be prepared to wear it if we start to bunch up. If you refuse to wear a mask for any reason then I respectfully request you do not come. Its my party. And that's my rule. I do not expect we will always be wearing masks and I know I won't but if we get close be prepared.

2nd rule. Have a good time.

See you in Minidoka Idaho. June 5th about noon.

I can live with that first rule, but don't tell me to have a good time. Being forced by rule to have a good time just goes against my grain somehow. :NC

Always has to be a party pooper. Usually it is me. But you are welcomed any way.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun May 17, 2020 10:29 pm

I was out on the desert today. Very nice out there. Temp was just right. High clouds. No wind and early enough in the year there was no dust but roads was not muddy at all. BUT I did not hear a single meadow lark singing. I have only heard one so far this year.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Lithosis » Mon May 18, 2020 10:23 am

Photophobic wrote:

I live down in Twin. If you wanted to pull up and stay the night in front of my house you're welcome to. I'd offer up the guest room if it wasn't for the whole pandemic thing. I'll still offer a couple beers and dinner out back if you do though. Let me know and I can PM you details. Otherwise, I can think of a couple options. Three island crossing is a nice state park that is close to the interstate. A detour on 30 into Hagerman has a few hot springs with campgrounds that I expect will be open by then (Miracle and Banbury). I would probably go with Miracle if I were in your shoes.

I had a repeat trip out to crystal ice caves with my parents this weekend and it was nice out in the desert. Saturday in particular was great weather. We really did struggle with social distancing even though we entered it with the intent of being pretty strict, so I'm supportive of mask usage. A bit of wind can really mess with the whole "6 ft" rule.
Lithosis
Teardrop Builder

Postby robfisher » Tue May 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Photophobic wrote:

Tried to send you a PM.

If you want to come down 95 to Wilder and then go east you're welcome to camp at my house in Greenleaf. Also, I'd like to talk with you about a possible photo shoot.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:09 am

We are almost there.

Can I get a shout out who is planning on being there so we don't drive off without every one.

Friday Noonish in Minidoka Idaho. And I am sorry about the spike of cases in Minidoka County. Lincoln county is also a hot spot. One of the the top counties per capita.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Jen123 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:02 am

I'm still a go to go. I hope it is alright that I bring both of my dogs. Corona is passed in animals as well, so I don't really want to board them. But I will do whatever you guys are comfortable with. I have kept them socially isolated as well as social isolation is very natural for me. 8) Can we share some phone numbers just in case?

Thanks,
Jen
Jen123
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:02 pm

count me in 8) :thumbsup: :D :beer: :applause:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby robfisher » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Forecasting workload is always a bit of a black art in a small shop like mine. But this year even trying to forecast one week at a time has proven impossible. I've given up. I'm lucky to be able to figure the afternoon out by 10:00 in the morning. That said, I'm still on for this weekend. But really, I won't decide 100 percent until Thursday about noon. As of now, it looks good.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:12 am

Jen123 wrote:I'm still a go to go. I hope it is alright that I bring both of my dogs. Corona is passed in animals as well, so I don't really want to board them. But I will do whatever you guys are comfortable with. I have kept them socially isolated as well as social isolation is very natural for me. 8) Can we share some phone numbers just in case?

Thanks,
Jen

Dogs are A Okay by me
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Photophobic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:07 am

Sorry to say I have to back out of Mordor this year, things have not been good lately, hard hit form the usual struggles these days but some family concerns stacked on top are causing stress with the distance and lack of phone service out there no matter how much I want/need the escape. I'm hoping things are better in July and J can still head to Walk the Winds so hopefully I'll be through the area. I have excessive amounts of time off if anyone plans to head north anytime, just have to stay closer right now.

Lithosis & Rob, I really appreciate the offers for layover parking, I may hit you up later in the summer if I can get away and it still works for you.

Have fun & Be safe!
Paul

Photophobic photographer looking for adventure.
Build thread: Here
Photophobic
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ghcoe » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 am

Photophobic wrote:Sorry to say I have to back out of Mordor

Have fun & Be safe!

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping to see you again this trip. Hope things work out OK, Catch you next time. George.

Randy, my daughter and I are still planning on attending and I will have at least on other coming with me. We will be however in a Blue Durango and not my Jeep. Hope the rain is not as bad as they are saying. Should be a adventure. See you Friday.
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North West