lithium battery

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

lithium battery

Postby RJ Howell » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:14 pm

I received a Nexpow 2000A battery jumper (which I did wish for) for Christmas. We're boondocking so much and going deeper & deeper each time that sooner or later something dumb will happen and I'll need a jump. So happy to have it! Santa heard me again!!!

I'm having a time getting some 'real' spec's on this little unit. I do know it is a Lithium Polymer battery, but yet to find the rated range of tested voltage. I have learned this is important..
I own a 100ah LiPo that in the 12v realm is really only a 35ah. That's my peripheral device charger, fan and LED light charger. For this it works awesome.

To this new unit, the Nexpow.. rated at 180ah and has 12v, USB (2 versions) outlets. I can't find the voltage range this is tested/realted to.

I'm about to put it on my tester, but if anyone here has the info... Please, save me a week of testing.

My guess is this will work out, at 12v, somewhere in the 60ah range, which wouldn't be all that bad for what I see the deals/sales where..

Just thought I'd ask over here.
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: lithium battery

Postby saltydawg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Well according to amazon its 18 amp hours, but maybe be able to produce 200 amps for 5 mins. Any faster and it may let out the magic smoke, followed by the 2000 degree magic fire. ie hook it to the battery and immediately try to start it. dont leave it hooked up for more than the 30 seconds needed to try to start. lithium pouch batteries can be good for 10 c discharge, thats dumping the whole charge in 6 mins ( simplified version of real c discharge numbers takes in to account losses of high discharge rates ) it can probably handle close to a 20 c discharge, which is 360 amps but not for long

life cycle should be 3 to 500 charges.

my bet is the charging side is all regulated outputs. but the jump side is straight battery at 14.6 fully charged, they might try to over charge it to 15.5 but thats VERY risky. Again more magic smoke and fire.
Scott
Lost in Maryland
2021 just said to 2020, hold my beer and watch this.
saltydawg
500 Club

Re: lithium battery

Postby GPW » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:01 am

The new solid state Lithium batteries are coming soon … ( non flammable electrolyte… ) :thumbsup:

Battery technology is like a galloping horse … ;)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Return to General Discussion