TTT interior table mount

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

TTT interior table mount

Postby EZ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:22 am

Been a loooong time since I have posted in this website. Back then (2009) I had vowed to build a standie modeled after the Retro-Kamper (created by Donut Boy). It is nearly completed and I hope to create a build log on this site one day soon.

I designed the interior with a couch along the back of the trailer that converts to a bed - a comfortable place to hang out instead of a dinette. Needed a table mount for the interior and didn't have $180 for a Lagun mount laying around. I tried the standard aluminum post and inserts; it was as wobbly as everyone in the reviews said (I know, I should have listened).

I did some research and found a YouTube video of an invdividual who came up with a mounting method that seemed good for my requirments (video named: GGC - 61 - How To Build The Perfect Camper Van Table). He used black steel pipe for most of the structure and it was removeable and swiveled. I decided to modify the design so it could be locked in place as well. Used 3/4" (1" OD) pipe. Drilled and tapped the pipe fitting elbows for set screws to keep them from moving, added a couple of conduit hangers (sharp edges ground down) and wing nuts and it works great. Much more solid than the amuminum table leg kit. Moves where you want it to allowing seating access or locks in position. The table top unscrews from the leg, and leg slides out easily. I made the mount removeable too; it screws into the front of the couch with a couple of wing nuts. Cost about $18 total. Thought I would share some pics in case others are needing to brainstorm something like this for their trailer. Hope I can remember how to post picures in this thing.......

Ed

EZ
Donating Member

Re: TTT interior table mount

Postby rjgimp » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Nice! How does it attach to the bottom of the table?
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby EZ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Missed that Rob. 3/4" floor flange.

EZ
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:35 pm

That's a copy of the Lagun table that's all the rage in Van builds:

Way cheaper than the real deal...

https://www.lagunusa.com/product/lagun-table-system

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques