Bob's caboose build

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: Bob's caboose build

Postby bobhenry » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:37 am

Been video surfing since 6 AM on how to get the magic chef RV stoves oven to work. Made a big batch of pan fried potatoes as a treat while working on the new rolling doors. Thought I would see if the little free stove's OVEN worked. Tried lighting the burner tube like a dummy and nada ! Well I will blame my stupidity on several beers. I knew better but was failing to start with the pilot light. The burners have no pilot so I guess I expected the same for the oven. Well I now know the 3 or 4 things that can go wrong thanks to the videos and will give my little oven a bit more lovin' than I did yesterday. Fingers crossed I may get to actually bake something instead of microwaving everything.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:21 am

A few new updates to the bath area.

Yard sale and dumpster finds put to a new use.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:31 am

I have often mentioned polar seal and kool seal to protect wood floors during a build and as a roof sealant ( heck I have used it as a paint primer and even added it to latex paint) It becomes a wet suit. Here is some that was in a slick plastic bucket. It has the consistency of a heavy vinyl skid bag and will stretch as well......

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Looks good! And is that a heater unit, on the wall? I was wondering how warm your tiny house was in the winter. :D
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:47 am

I didn't heat it over Christmas and when I arrived Sunday it was 26 outside. I took a look at the indoor thermometer and it was 40. Most likely due to being well insulated and the help from the standing pilot flame. I fired up the heater which is in the bath area in the rear. In about an hour it was over 80 high up in the front ( where the wall thermometer is ) I am so glad I installed the ceiling fan to wash the heat back down. I turner the 30,000 BTU Mr Heater down to #1 (the lowest setting) to maintain the inside temp. I was in and out and in and out cutting and fitting pieces as needed to work on the back bath area and the little heater did it's job to keep it comfortable. I wish I had the time and my helper to get the big wood stove in the remote heat shed running but I ran out of good weather and help to get the delivery system completed and the chimney put on the big stove.

As to my FREE junk as I was working on the rolling privacy doors the land lady visited and offered me a large mirror she had stashed in a corner. It just matched the wood on the 2 large corner cabinets. It made the area look twice as big ! I LOVE FREE ! :twisted:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:36 pm

New years day was a bit icy.......Image

The little Mr heater 30k heater did a great job !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:38 pm

I finally got the new more slender privacy doors installed ....

in the bath area looking forward .....

in the kitchen looking back towards the bath area....
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:02 am

Winter finally arrived......

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Looks cozy and pretty!
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby NevadaBlue » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm

Really beautiful place Bob. Send some snow here. We need it.
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Well a severe back spasm had me down for 6 days. Doctors and a chiropractor and I am finally about 80 %.

Since I was on self imposed light duty I did find I was able to wrestle a few pieces of trim into place to finally finish out the garden window. I think a good year and a half looking at the half finished window was long enough.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Lovely!

I was admiring that window in one of the last pics, and didn't even notice anything missing. But for your own piece of mind, I'm glad it's finished now.
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 am

Was feeling sorry for the wild birds and tossed out some petrified bread rolls out the back door if the caboose.

WRONG ! :frightened:

I don't know who scared who the worst me or the 45 pound mama raccoon that came by to gather the goodies. I am gonna reserve the treats for INSIDE the chicken pen. Those wild birds will just have to fly in to get their dinner.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Philip » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:51 am

bobhenry wrote:Was feeling sorry for the wild birds and tossed out some petrified bread rolls out the back door if the caboose.

WRONG ! :frightened:

I don't know who scared who the worst me or the 45 pound mama raccoon that came by to gather the goodies. I am gonna reserve the treats for INSIDE the chicken pen. Those wild birds will just have to fly in to get their dinner.

:lol:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Well round 7 of the war with the bushy tailed tree rats had a moment. I removed all the closed cell foam to investigate how the little shits continue to get in the ceiling. I found it :D

There was a tennis ball sized hole chewed thru the plywood box beam that lead out to the cupalo overhang. I decided to make their path real unpleasant so I filled a plastic squeeze bottle with fine ground cayenne pepper and squirted about 4 ounces in their pathway. I then screwed the hole over with a metal plate and some drywall screws. Well as usual I managed to make this effort real interesting. I took the large bottle of pepper outside to load the squeeze bottle without making a mess. Well to not drag this out too far it seems that one erant puff of the breeze left me with a well dusted face. Sneezing ,coughing and all but unable to see thru watering eyes I determined this will be a great deterrent. :NC
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels