Squakes, Squeeks, creeeeks, or leaks

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Squakes, Squeeks, creeeeks, or leaks

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:26 pm

for those who have built one and had it on the road what little thing have you found needed refixing.
That others building one should look out for. :cry:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 am

Mine's not on the road yet but I just wanted to say G'Day Ron, have'nt seen you around for a while
Paul
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Gage » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:30 am

Nothing, I took my time building it. Like 2 1/2 years. When I finished, it was finished. :worship:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Arne » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:20 am

Gage, same here. For the most part, a tear is really pretty simple in design, if not in construction. And most of us over build. Case in point, my shelving which is 1/2" birch could easily have been 1/4" luan, as it is not a clear span from side to side, it has vertical supports in the design... my next one will use 1/4" and shave off some weight.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby asianflava » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:06 am

Gage wrote:Nothing, I took my time building it. Like 2 1/2 years. When I finished, it was finished. :worship:

Have a good day.

8)

Good I don't feel so bad now. I'm going on 15 months and still have to do the aluminum.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:39 pm

asianflava wrote:
Gage wrote:Nothing, I took my time building it. Like 2 1/2 years. When I finished, it was finished. :worship:
Have a good day.

8)

Good I don't feel so bad now. I'm going on 15 months and still have to do the aluminum.
My wife thought it was my retirement project and was going to take me my whole retirement to complete it. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:17 pm

Gage wrote:
asianflava wrote:
Have a good day.

8)

My wife thought it was my retirement project and was going to take me my whole retirement to complete it. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)

Instead of building it, you get to USE it for the rest of your retirement. :thumbsup:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:45 pm

:thumbsup: I am proud to be around a group that does prosition work ... I on the other hand am still making up for mistakes past and have my trailer half built in my head cause some one said do not put the tar on the bottom un till you are done. No one asked me when I was still on the floor if I was done and some one else said he coated the intire floor top and bottom. so I coated the bottom and the sides :cry: I have cut off one side 1/4 th in after trying to remove the tar with some liquid cr...p that got all over me and the oak floor. I almost gave up but I am stubbern and want to see it through.
Cutting it has been a bit.....h too, smoking and doing layers of cuts to keep it cool. but the sides are smoother now and I can soon frame it and attach the wood sides. I am leaning as I go... more then I wanted at times. I will be getting the truck wired soon.
Thanks Paulc I have been goen for a while. :roll:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:11 am

I went too light on the springs...got that one taken care of....but 80mph for 1400 miles on an untested unit on the way to Minden made if an interesting trip....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:42 pm

Have a good day.

8)

:o Gage, I thought you had it on the road before it was finished. I remember it (in pictures) before it was skinned.
Maybe it wasn't camp ready at that time. :thinking:
You must be very patient or detailed if you never took it out camping before the final touches were put on. I know mine (being a rolling experiment and an excercise in "retro fit") is only my first one with no prior knowledge of building or camping in one, but I'm not sure exactly what I want the next one to be like. If I add enough features, then I can filter out the bad ones and build what I really want. My goal is to build one that is as perfect (to me) as I would ever want it. If you hit that goal on this one then congradulations. No question, your tear is truely a gem. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kens » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:27 pm

Had a small leak in the hatch area. I needed 1/16" thicker weather stripping. Its fine now.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:16 pm

I had to make a rain diverter on each side to channel the trickle of water that ran down the galley sides and flooded the open galley. We had our screen room up but it rained so much Memorial Day weekend the water ran to the 1" overhang of the hurricane hinge and some wicked back to the sides. We haven't camped in the rain since, but it seems to work with a garden hose. :relaxing: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to User Polls