Camper bedding poll....do you leave it in the camper or not?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

So, do you:

Keep bedding, including pillows in the camper for exclusive camping use
79%
Take your bedding, or at least, your pillows, in the house between trips
21%

Total votes : 81

Postby Leon » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:28 pm

cracker39 wrote:My parents camped a lot, and usually had the campers outfitted with everything that stayed in them so that they only had to load up food and clothes to be off on the road quickly when they felt the urge to go.

We even keep an old set of clothes in it in case something happens (fire, earthquake, I go crazy and run off with the teardrop to get away from it all). That way I'd have a change of clothes while I wash the set off my back.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:47 pm

I have dedicated bedding for the tear, but I bring it in and wash it after each trip (both of them). I store it inside until the next trip.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby kajamelu4 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:42 am

I like to have everything ready to go. The bed is made, towels are in their cabinet. The galley is also ready, with the one exception being a small skillet that I use for pancakes. It's my favorite so it goes back and forth between the trailer and the kitchen. I like to just add food and clothes and away we go!

Now if I can just get Lucas (my 13 year old son and camping buddy) to quit taking so much stuff along!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:31 pm

Everything gets aired out or cleaned and put back in for the next trip.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby apratt » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:55 am

Don't have a teardrop but in my fifthwheel and camper I leave everything in it just think if it like a 2nd home (or 3rd). That way hopefully I don't forget anything. The only thing I need to do is load up clothes and food.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby traveler » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm

I always like to have clean bedding and pillow case each time I go. :thumbsup:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Think I'll leave mine in the trailer, because while parked at home it will serve as a PMS shelter.(all girls in my house) :lol: :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby alffink » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Ivar,
I like the way you think
I have one of my sons and his family living with us a the moment, (it's been a long moment)
and I have found myself hiding...eer watching a movie in the TD more than a few times in the last couple of months. :lol:
alffink
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm

for now our trailer is not air tight so we pull in everything but the sheet on the mattress to keep it somewhat clean.

After we get it more atuned to normal life we will keep it in the trailer the pillows will be in plastic bags and the sheets and pillow covers will not be changed untill we are ready to go on a new trip.

So our sleep will be like sleeping in a motel with clean sheets.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Geez...you guys are making me feel like a slacker.
The bedding stays in the trailer. I found pillows upstairs that are now the tear pillows. Same as old bedding and an old camping mattress, and then there was the random piece of foam my dad found and the billion sleeping bags we have...
Yeah, my dad saves EVERYTHING so my mom would prefer that it all stay out in my teardrop. She can not wait until I have the kitchen box done...then that means even more stuff will be out of the house.
And as for being a slacker? I don't wash that stuff! I will wait until camping season is over, look at it, and what ever looks dirty will get washed, and the rest will be fine for winter camping.
:lol:

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Previous

Return to User Polls