As you begin to build your trailer

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

As you Begin to build your trailer

I have it all figured out before I build
14%
I already know the body shape and inside design thats all
36%
I predesigned the electical and the line above
14%
Most of it is off the cuff seeing what others did
36%

Total votes : 22

As you begin to build your trailer

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:18 pm

This follows my note taking poll

I left out this is not my first trailer and this time I am more careful
if this is you expand at the bottom.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:00 am

Ron,

I sort of fall into your last mentioned group. I built a trailer before (a long time ago) that started out in my head as a teardrop but went wrong when I said, "what if I make it tall enough to stand up in"? That was the beginning of what my wife called the "Bomb shelter".

Anyway, this time I am building a Teardrop and have somewhat been successful at keeping within that concept, even though it is now 9' long and 5' wide! :oops: Started out to build a Cub, but after considering my abilities to bend sheeting material, have ended up with something slightly resembling a Benroy.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Arne » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:24 am

I did make a couple of 'oops'.... First, I was going to try and be able to load my scooter inside, so I built it 4 feet plus 6 inches high. That extra 6 inches is now going to have to be removed. I don't like it sticking up higher than the van. And it really serves no good purpose.... So, I will have an extra weeks worth of work to cut it down to 48 inches....

2nd, I would have made it 120 inches long. I want an a/c unit, and no matter what I do, I can't get it in without losing some room I don't want to give up. So, it will probably go in the front, adding unwanted weight on the hitch....

There are easier things, like mounting the spare under the tear instead of it sitting in the way in the back of the van... and a place to store the ex-up under the tear (some kind of underneath storage box)....

I can't really complain, but cutting the top down will be a chore, especially getting the same contour on both sides... and not cutting the ceiling light wires... and.... well, you get the idea..
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to User Polls