Are there too many off topic posts on this forum?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

What would you do about off topic posts?

I love all posts that have nothing to do with teardrops. The more the better - and in any topic area too.
4%
Nothing, if you don't like them then don't read them. Don't change anything.
52%
Enforce and have moderators actively move all non-TTT construction, camping posts to the "Off Topic" area (including birthday posts, politics, religion, etc)
17%
Get rid of "Off topic" discussion topic areas altogether and enforce posts to stay on topic.
No votes
Identify all offenders, and ban them.
1%
This is a stupid question and God will get you for posting this poll question!
23%
All of the above(mostly)
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Are there too many off topic posts on this forum?

Postby Joseph » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:56 am

exit238 wrote:Are there too many off top posts on this forum? "off topic" in the general sense not just the topic of the same name.

I don't think so. I like to think of this forum as a cyber-campfire, where we can talk about common interests, not just T&TTTs.
This includes posts that argue and get personal (like name calling or insults)

That's another matter. As anyone who has been here for a while knows, I enjoy a good argument/debate/discussion. But IMHO there is absolutely no excuse for name-calling, insults or ad hominem attacks. If you can't make your point without stooping to this kind of behavior, you don't have one to make.
What would you like to see done about it?
Keep in mind that it's possible for moderators to "move" posts from one topic area to another..

Which they have been known to do. Participants in this forum should know the difference between "General Discussion" which should in fact deal with some aspect of T&TTT, and "Off Topic" which is where we get into other areas not specifically pertaining to this forum.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Podunkfla » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:31 am

exit238 wrote:Are there too many off top posts on this forum? "off topic" in the general sense not just the topic of the same name.

Keep in mind that it's possible for moderators to "move" posts from one topic area to another..

Hmmm... Why would a person with 12 total post care? :o
Did soneone insult you already?

I don't think there are too many off topic posts... And the Mods do a great job keeping the place civilized. But, they may very well be too many silly polls? :lol: JMHO
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby mfkaplan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:52 am

If the topic dosen't interest you, someone else might want to read it. This is a huge forum, lots of different needs. You don't have to read everthing, and you certainly don't need to comment on it. Sometimes items just need to die. There's something for everyone here. The moderators are doing a super job. If it's not broken, don't fix it. The "posts since I last visited' feature is wonderful. You can quickly skim the catagories and only read the subjects that you want. Sometimes some of the polls need to have better choices.
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:00 am

...personally, I think anyone who posts off topic, hijacks a thread or posts anything I disagree with or dislike should be banned, shot, kicked while down and generally abused :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Podunkfla » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:07 am

madjack wrote:...personally, I think anyone who posts off topic, hijacks a thread or posts anything I disagree with or dislike should be banned, shot, kicked while down and generally abused :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)

See... That's what I'm talkin about... :thumbsup: :applause: :lol:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:13 am

...yep friend Brick, but since I am such a NIIIIIICE fellah and the fact that someone else MIGHT enjoy one of the posts I dislike, I allow them to stay so ALL may enjoy the madness ;) :lol:
madjack(simplyfullofit) 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby edevans » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:22 am

I am happy with things just as they are. My computer is slow, so I do not respond to a lot of post and I do not read all posts, but is is easy to skim through them and read the ones I want to and I am sure these are not the same ones that someone else may find interesting. This forum is great. If it ain't broke don't fix it.Some of the off topics I follow with interst and some I ignore. Isn't freedom great? Ed & Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby Woody » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:44 am

madjack wrote:...personally, I think anyone who posts off topic, hijacks a thread or posts anything I disagree with or dislike should be banned, shot, kicked while down and generally abused :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)

Hey Hey now that is funny, I for one would never HIJACK a thread or anything of that nature. NO SIR not with Madjack on the case. That big brute might mean what he posted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CHUPACABRA BABY :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:47 am

Woody wrote: CHUPACABRA BABY :lol:

...you got it..always and forever :thumbsup: :D ;) ............... 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby sdtripper2 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:52 am

Before we get wrapped uP into the forum Inquisition mentality, more stable minds MUST prevail ~

Where else would we get educated on the strange and off topic or camping secret subjects on this forum?

Example: (Mom's Nest - Mary) brought uP the subject of insect breathing as it relates to oxygen content in our atmosphere.
Now where else would you builders know entomology construct if not fur
the off topic discussions of the forum?

In an attempt to bring the diversity of thought in a positive light.

I heard on NPR (radio) Saturday that
all living creatures with a heart, live for approximately
1.5 Billion heart beats.

August 18, 2007· Can animal lifespan be calculated with a mathematical
formula? Professor Geoffrey West and his colleagues at the Santa Fe
Institute have not only found out why larger mammals live longer, but how
long they have to live.

So a shrew who's heart can beat 1000 times a minute
won't live as long as an elephant who's heart beats much slower. This
evidently is the unifying theory of life. Now humans have altered this
somewhat with drugs but in general 1.5 Billion heart beats is what you got
and then the light switch is turned off~ ImageImage

So keep your heart rate down by not being a bully on the forum or yelling :lol:
at the hubby. Keep the heart in a slow pumping state of work and live longer.
Want to learn more
Size Matters: The Hidden Mathematics of Life

And by all means help to educate the forum with new interesting information. :thumbsup:

So as to this question: "What would you do about off topic posts?"
Some bully once wrote: This is a stupid question and God will get you for posting this poll question ! :roll: ! I chose this ~
Last edited by sdtripper2 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby packerz4 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:44 pm

Brick wrote:
Hmmm... Why would a person with 12 total post care? :o
Did soneone insult you already?

I don't think there are too many off topic posts... And the Mods do a great job keeping the place civilized. But, they may very well be too many silly polls? :lol: JMHO

yikes! i saw that one coming from the moment i read the poll... thanks for not letting me down Brick!

;)
tk
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:42 pm

Good to see that 19% of us have decided that this really is a stupid question :lol:

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby doug hodder » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:20 pm

That's where I am Paul!!! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Joseph wrote:

I don't think so. I like to think of this forum as a cyber-campfire, where we can talk about common interests, not just T&TTTs.

That's another matter. As anyone who has been here for a while knows, I enjoy a good argument/debate/discussion. But IMHO there is absolutely no excuse for name-calling, insults or ad hominem attacks. If you can't make your point without stooping to this kind of behavior, you don't have one to make.

Which they have been known to do. Participants in this forum should know the difference between "General Discussion" which should in fact deal with some aspect of T&TTT, and "Off Topic" which is where we get into other areas not specifically pertaining to this forum.
Joseph
:thumbsup: On board less than three months and already wants to change the system. And he can't even give us his name. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 pm

I'm with you guys dumb question, the only thing that pisses me off around her are hijacks :x . Hey Doug is that your new trailer?
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Next

Return to User Polls